Monday, March 11, 2013

What I've Been Melting #2

Hello there!

Today I have my second What I've Been Melting post to share! I feel like I haven't been melting that much since everything I've been melting has been lasting forever! That's a good thing of course, but I have been ordering so much wax that I need to get melting! Here we go!


Better Homes and Gardens: Sugar Sweet Gumdrops - I really wasn't sure if I was going to like this one, but I really enjoyed it! Since I just got into wax, I missed all of the fun holiday scents that came out over the winter. I found a lot on eBay and this one was included. It smells EXACTLY like spice drops candy, I couldn't believe how right on the money it was! I melted two cubes in my 18 watt, medium throw. My bedroom smelled delicious for the entire evening! 

CFTKR: Pink Sugared Serendipity - This is yet another reason why CFTKR is probably my top vendor. This one is just as amazing as I knew it would be. I really wish I would have ordered an 8 ounce bag! I have fallen in love with serendipity scents, and adding pink sugar just made this combo a match made in Heaven. I'm actually melting this right now as I type this, throw is medium/strong and I've been melting it on and off for two days now in my tea-light burner - still going strong!


Closet Full Of Wax: Cinnamon Doughnut - I'm torn on this one. I have a whole bag of the mini doughnuts and I loved this on cold sniff so I hope I can find the right blend the next time! I melted one fluted tart in my living room and was melting Coffee Cake Swirl by Scentsationals in my bedroom earlier, so I think there was just WAY too much cinnamon going on in our lil apartment. I really want to try melting this by itself, the cinnamon scent is so strong on the warm throw with this one. 

Front Porch: Amish Friendship Bread - This is such a GREAT bakery scent! I am so in love, so creamy and sweet. I've never smelled any other Amish friendship bread scent before, but I love this one! I don't see it available on their site as of now, but you better bet I'm snatching up a four pack or two when it is! Great scent throw, melted in my 18 watt. Lasted the whole day.

CFTKR: Banana Flapjacks - This is a free sample that the generous Carol sent me, and I immediately ordered a bag from her after melting this bad boy. I love banana scents, they're one of my favorites! You get the strong banana and the bakery notes of the flapjacks. Nice, strong throw and it lasted the evening. Really love this one!


Ten Digit Creations: Lavender - This, ladies, is the perfect lavender scent. Ever. My heart is breaking that this is no longer available. I'll be cherishing every last tart! I don't like floral scents AT ALL, but lavender has always been the one exception. TDC's lavender is a nice herbal one, the perfect kind in my opinion! The cold throw on this was so strong, so I knew that I only needed to melt a half of a tart. Man I was right! I melted the half in my bedroom at bedtime and I was such a relaxing scent! I hope they either bring this back or I find another herbal lavender as nice as this. 

Scentsationals: Guava Berry - Now this is interesting to me! I've NEVER really like berry scents. I think over the years I've come across a few, but nothing that's memorable. I got this one in a destash, and I was really surprised that I actually wanted to melt this one! I melted only one cube to test the water in my 18 watt, and this had a very fresh scent. I never would have chosen this for myself, but it's really nice.

CFTKR: Frosted Lime Cookie Snap - HOLY COW I'M IN LOVE! Ugh, Carol needs to restock soon, my wish list of scents that aren't available right now is just growing! This is yet another one the lovely Jacqui sent me, and I was saving it just because it smelled so amazing on cold throw! I was right, this is AWESOME! I adore lime and lemon bakery scents. This is perfect. PERFECT. Throw was amazing, it filled my whole apartment, and it lasted on and off for two days.


Better Homes and Garden: Creamy Spiced Eggnog - This is another that I got in that eBay haul, and this one was unfortunately a miss for me. Jeff loves eggnog, so I melted it for him, but even he didn't enjoy it. I melted two cubes in my 18 watt. It had a awkward nuttiness to the scent that just didn't smell good to us. This is going to a much better home, I know someone who would like this.

CFTKR: Coconut Caramel Crunch Cake - I need to re-melt this one. I haven't had a 24 watt hot plate until now, even though I knew I needed one. I just ordered an adorable one from Haley's Heavenly Scents. I wasn't very smart when I melted this one. my tea-light burner had another scent going in it, so I melted this in my 20 watt light bulb and got no throw at all unless I had my head right over it. I'll be re-reviewing it after I get my 24 watt in the mail. The cold throw is light on this one, but I still have hopes it'll come alive!


Yankee Candle: Spiced Pumpkin - Yuck, yuck, yuck. This is the lone pumpkin scent I think I've ever come across that is so gross. The spice in there is just not something I like AT ALL. Strong clove maybe? I melted it in my tea-light and had to dump it right away. YUCK.

COMBO - Closet Full Of Wax: Fruit Loops & Scentsationals: Lemon Chiffon - I've said it before in my Closet Full Of Wax hauls, I'm obsessed with Michele's Fruit Loop scent. It's so amazing, I can't sing it's praised enough! I melted two tarts in my 20 watt, and added one cube of Scentsationals Lemon Chiffon. I am in love with this combo, so glad I'm stocked up on both. SO STRONG, and lasted on and off for THREE DAYS. This is my to-go scent for sure. LOVE LOVE LOVE.


Have a great Monday! 
<3 Dana


4 comments:

  1. Hiya! Lovely post. I love Michele's Fruit Loops too. It's truly amazing! As for her Cinnamon Doughnuts - ick! Smells like Chai Tea to me, which I adore drinking, but I don't want in my house! Lol! I can't even bring myself to melt it...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, girl! Thank you! <3 Her Fruit Loops is to DIE FOR!

      Delete
  2. Great melting! I need to try some of CFoW's Fruit Loops scent! I can't stand her Cinnamon Donut scent though, it's definitely not my cup of tea. Maybe if you blended it with VBN you would like it better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love the FL scent I gave ya, can't wait to see what you think!

      Delete