Saturday, March 23, 2013

Ollie's Soaps haul #1

I'm back!

I had a really great vacation! Got to visit my family and friends, eat at my favorite restaurants and shop in my favorite stores in Cleveland, and I got to see the lovely Jacqui of The Scholarly Nails Wax Blog! Us and our hubbies (well, mine's my fiance, but close enough!) went out to eat and afterwards I got to check out her MASSIVE wax collection and of course we had gifts for each other! (That will be for another post for sure!) To say her collection is impressive would be an understatement! I definitely wish we lived closer to one another, but I look forward to seeing her every time I come home! <3 

Moving right along to today's haul, I have my first order from Ollie's Soaps to share! Myself still being new to the world of wax, there are so many vendors on my wish list to try! Ollie's went on there almost immediately but her shop was always sold out. Thank goodness for good timing, and one day she still had a small selection left. There were only two items with scents I thought I'd enjoy, so I snatched them up as quick as I could! First up I have Pistachio Pudding Cake. OMG, it's the most adorable thing I own in wax form to date! The shape of the cake, the sprinkles, and the TEDDY GRAHAMS! It's almost to cute to melt! Almost...... :P Three of the teddies lost their heads in transit but I placed them back on for my pics. I love this pistachio scent, it's nice and rich and creamy. I think this will be great for blending. 





Next up I have Red Velvet to share. I'm trying to get out of my bakery scent comfort zone, but for me when trying a new vendor - sticking to that zone works best. I've always loved red velvet scents and this one is pretty good on cold sniff! A tad lighter than I'd like, but hopefully with some curing time that will change when melted. Love the bunny shapes! 


Next up I have the two freebies to share, which I think is sweet since I only ordered two items. I loved the thank you note too, it's the little things that win me over in the end.


Oreo: Smells just like the real thing to me! Dead on! You get the creaminess in there along with the hint of the chocolate. This will be a fun one to melt!

Strawberry Bread: I'm taking back every bad thing I've said about strawberry scents. (Except FP's. Hate it.) I've been stocking up like crazy actually. This is one I passed up on her Etsy shop and I wish I had gotten. I love her strawberry scent and the bakery notes in here make it great. 

Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend!
<3 Dana


4 comments:

  1. So flippin cute!! I LOVE Ollie's, I can't wait until she is open full time again. Her oreo scent is amazing, I have a tart of it mixed with Pink Sugar and I won't melt it until I know I can get more! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I just placed an order for two more items, there's never really more then a few things in her shop than I want at a time, so you're right I can't wait till she's open full time. Oreo ROCKS!

      Delete
  2. Ollie's!! <3 She's one of my favs! Oreo sounds so awesome, never tried it! You'll have to let us know how you like it while warming!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing! I just placed a second order with her :)

      Delete