Friday, March 1, 2013

Closet Full Of Wax Haul(s) #1

Hello again!


Yikes. I have bought so much wax that I have to sit down and really think about all that I have coming in the mail. I've only been into wax less then a month. INSANITY! In a good way, of course. Wax has taken over my life. And I love it.

Anyhoo, today I have another haul to share, and it's from a new vendor - Closet Full Of Wax. New vendor to the world of wax, of course. I'm a wax noobie so all vendors are actually new to me. The owner Michele (who is so sweet by the way! There was a teeny tiny mix up in my order and she fixed it ASAP!) is so sweet and for Valentine's Day she was offering free shipping for the month of February! (I totally placed three separate orders. YUP.) My only concern was the shipping. They came packed in shipping bags, not boxes and they arrived pretty banged up. The only one that came actually broken was a free sample and I'll melt the dang things anyway so who really cares, right? I just don't like the dirty looking bags when I haven't had them very long. Let's just move right along to the wax shall we? These are cold sniff reviews only.



Cotton Candy: Sweet and sugary cotton candy scent. Pretty straight forward. I love cotton candy, it reminds me of a lotion I wore back in the 90's. Was it Bonne Bell? Can't remember. I enjoy this one quite a bit.

Honey Bunny: Isn't this the one that's supposed to be a Lush dupe? Honey I Washed The Kids? Straight up soap. That's it. Do not like. I know this is a popular scent, and this is my first time smelling it. I *might* take a leap of faith and melt this in my bathroom. I need to get this from another vendor and compare I think.


Buttercream Crunch: Buttercream Crunch has a nice buttercream scent, a tad on the syrupy smelling in a odd way. Not necessarily bad though. I'll need to melt it to see if that note comes out. Don't get the crunch smell on cold sniff, I hope it comes out warm. I like this one.

Bear Claws: Nom nom nom! SO delicious! The mixture of the bakery/pastery is just awesome! I get the notes of honey and almond the most, with a hint of chocolate. Really excited about melting this one. 


Key Lime Pie: Hmmm. I do not smell key lime pie. I smell tangy lime candy of some sort, but I do not get one teeny hint of pie crust or pie notes. Overly sweet in an awkward way. I smell an almond note in there that doesn't belong. There was oil in the package so I wonder if there's something funky with this batch of these tarts. Weird. 

Lemon Squares: A great one! I am OBSESSED with lemon scents I've come to learn, so I naturally gravitated towards trying this one out. SO YUMMY! I love that the lemon has a perfect tangy smell, and I really wish I would have bought back-ups. Ugh. Wax regrets. 


Birthday Cake (x2): Yummy white cake scent with buttercream frosting. I love a good cake scent and this one is nice. I think this would be really great for blending. Bonus? There's pretty iridescent glitter on these tarts! I enjoyed this one.

Fruit Loops: OMG. This is such a perfect fruit loop scent! I loooove the extra strong lemon note in here that other Fruit Loop scents I've smelled don't have. I am so nuts about Michele's fruit loop scent that I went back and placed an order for five more tart packs while she still had free shipping. Cannot get enough of. LOVE. 


Cinnamon Donuts: My other beloved favorite of my hauls! MAN this is so delicious to me! Most cinnamon scents out there are too harsh/strong for me and give me a massive headache but this is just perfect for my nose. The soft cinnamon notes mixed with the bakery notes are so great. I actually have a bag of mini donuts in this scent on their way to me right now. (She forgot to ship them so is currently sendin them to me.) I can't wait to try more cinnamon donuts scents out there. 

Bare  Naked Lady (freebie): This is surprisingly nice since it's not a scent I would normally order on my own! (Great thing about samples, right?) The mixture of lemon, lime, orange, and ozone (as they listed it, I'm not familiar with that scent) makes this SUCH a great summer scent, it reminds me of the beach! 

Ice Cream Scoop Bread (freebie): Aw man, another one I wish I would have ordered! Once again, thank goodness it was sent to me as a sample! Such a yummy, creamy vanilla ice cream scent, and I definitely get the chocolate chip cookie underneath!


Cotton Candy Serendipity (freebie): Michele NAILED this scent. I need more of this scent for sure. The perfect blend of Cotton Candy and Serendipity. Nothing much more to say other then I'm impressed! Another I wish I had ordered. Awesome.

Fresh Squeezed Orange/Buttercream (freebie): Eh. I don't care for orange scents, but I might give this one a shot. I'm trying to make myself try scents I've never gravitated towards to say that I have indeed tried them and failed. I get a slight hint of buttercream but not really. Just orange. I think I might blend this one. (FYI this is the lone one that arrived broken.)

Black Code: Nope. Nada. Do not like. This is a strong men's cologne that I would never want Jeff to wear let alone have my apartment smell like it. And it's STRONG. (There's oil in the bag too.) NOT FOR ME.


I hope you enjoyed my second haul post. See ya soon!

<3 Dana


2 comments:

  1. Great haul!! Someone's a fan of Fruit Loops, eh? LOL! Her Fruit Loops scent must be good =) I liked what I ordered from her, I can't wait to melt it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm melting threw a few right now, so far they smell great but don't last very long :/

      Delete