Sunday, March 3, 2013

What I've been melting #1

Hello there again! 

Today I have my very first What I've been melting post! I've started a melting journal to write down what I've been melting so I'm really excited to get this started! Here we go!




Lasting Scent Candles: Pumpkin Cinnamon Danish - This was the very first thing that I melted when I got that big box of wax from Jacqui! Trust me, it was hard to pick the first! I have always had a pumpkin scent obsession and I REALLY enjoy LSC's pumkin! The creaminess of the pumpkin and the bakery notes made this so great. Melted in my tea light burner and the scent lasted forever! Medium/strong throw. I'm saving my last two LSC pumpkin scents since I love them so much!

Sweet Fixations: Vanilla Buttercream Crunch - This was really just okay to me. I melted half, it wasn't very strong, and I added the other half. It had nice throw, but the scent didn't wow me. I liked the creaminess of the vanilla buttercream, but I just couldn't get the crunch notes in there. Burned in my 18 watt, it lasted a pretty good amount of time. Light/medium throw.

CFTKR: Amish Cinnamon Bread - I let Jeff pick out the second wax I melt from Jacqui's big ol' box of wax and he LOVED this one! It did not disappoint at all! Melted on my 18 watt in our bedroom and it it filled the entire room and had a strong throw! (Our apartment is pretty small, a price to pay to live right by the ocean!) Not overpowering at all. I love spicy bakery scents like these so much, always have always will! This is definitely a repurchase.

Front Porch: Loopy Marshmallow - OMG OMG OMG. This, ladies, is what spawned my Fruit Loop obsession. I have a serious addiction now LOL! This scent is just perfect. Throw was strong, it filled up our whole apartment! FP's blend is just perfect, the mixture of the fruit loop and marshmallow has me in love! I ordered their Fruit Loop sampler and I can't wait to try them all out! I added one cube of Scentsationals Lemon Chiffon, but I'm saving that bad boy for a review on it's down. Melted in my 20 watt. It was a great combo! Repurchase for SURE, over and over and over! 


Tiffany Candles: Carmelized Pralines - I don't know if this is the old or new wax, but who cares cause it was great! It was everything I hoped it would be! It had a creaminess to it but also a crunchy note to it that I LOVED! I haven'y placed a Tiffany order yet, but this is going on my to order list! Amazing!  Medium throw. Melted in my 18 watt.

Scentsationals: Coconut Macaroon - I melted two cubes in my 20 watt. I don't know why, just not impressed. I love coconut scents but this one had a waxy artificial smell to it. I think I let this melt *maybe* three hours before I dumped it. Light/medium throw. Might be better blended? 

CFTKR: Glazed Cinnamon Donuts - WOWZA! This is so freaking awesome! I need all the cinnamon donut scents thanks to this one! I can't wait to order this is a big bag! It had a light, buttery cinnamon bakery scent with medium/strong throw. Melted in my tea light burner. 

Front Porch: Ultimate Bakery - True love in a bakery scent. That's what I have with this scent. It's so awesome that I reordered two grubby tarts four packs! Such a clean bakery scent, I love the notes of apple in there so much! I can't wait to get more in the mail. Had medium throw, lasted a good amount of time. LOVE! I can see myself ordering this again and again and again. 20 watt.


Orchid Lake Candles: Bread & Jam - Pretty straight forward and pretty amazing! Smells exactly like it sounds. Notes of warm baked bread and notes of a wonderfully tart berry (jam). This is a really fun scent! I would love to get my hands on more. Medium throw. Melted in my 18 watt. 

Ten Digit Creations: Vanilla Shake - What a relaxing, almost herbal vanilla! I don't get any notes in there that would indicate it being a shake scent, but I really enjoyed it. The scent was light but the throw was good. A great bedtime scent. Melted this in my 18 watt in my bedroom.

Lasting Scent Candles: Peppermint Marshmallow Snow - HOLY COW. THIS IS AWESOME. SERIOUSLY AWESOME. Jacqui had this in her top scents list for 2012 and now I know why! I've always really loved peppermint scents and this one is top notch! Perfect strength of peppermint. Amazing throw and it lasted forever! I turned it on and off for a few days actually and it was still ready to go! Melted in my 20 watt. I wish I had about a dozen more.



Lasting Scent Candles : Creamy Pumpkin Milkshake I love the pumpkin scent in here, but something about the milkshake notes hit my nose in a funny way and I wasn't too crazy about it. I also started melting this right before I fell asleep so I didn't get to really spend time smelling it. It was almost completely gone by the time I woke up and was left with mostly a wax-y smell. Melted in my 18 watt.

CFTKR: Lemon Noel Sugar Cookies: WOW. JUST WOW. One of, if not THE best thing I've smelled since I got into wax. Well, lemon bakery scents in general. I can't get enough of them and I couldn't stop raving about this one! CFTKR's lemon scent is perfection and mixed with Vanilla Bean Noel sugar cookies make it the perfect combination! I'm so glad that I just got a new bag from Carol. Lasted FOREVER. Throw was everything I could ask for. Melted in my 20 watt. 

Scentsationals: Vanilla Bean - Yep this was an odd choice for melting alone and not blending it. It's you typical creamy vanilla scent, but I just really wanted a pallet cleanser after everything I had been melting. Melted it in my 18 watt in my bedroom and bedtime. Light scent with light to medium throw.


Sweet Fixations: Lemon Drizzle Bread - O_o I almost have no words. Next to CFTKR Lemon Noel Sugar Cookies, this is one of the best things I've come to smell yet! I got this in a destash, it was only a half tart and MAN was it strong and amazing! I melted this while I had people over and everyone kept saying how much they loved it! I have a couple Sweet Fixations from Jacqui and I can't wait to melt others! (Hello, Red Velvet Cake!) LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Throw was crazy strong for only a half of a tart and it lasted on and off for a couple days. Melted in my 20 watt.

Tiffany Candles: Winter Dream - Once again, don't know if this is the old or new wax. I can't quite put my finger on this one if I really like it or not. I love the spiciness and the mulberry notes, but for whatever reason I don't love it. I like, I just don't love it. Melted two heart-shaped tarts. Medium throw, lasted the length of an evening. Melted in my 18 watt.

Scentsationals: Coffee Cake Swirl - Run, ladies. RUN to your local Walmart and pick as many of these can you can fit in a shopping cart. This is one of Scentsationals brand new scents that just came out and it's AMAZING. A strong cinnamon but not overpowering along with the bakery notes. Melted two cubes in my 18 watt and it was a REALLY strong throw. Seriously. You need this.


Hope you enjoyed my very first What I've Been Melting post! 
<3 Dana




4 comments:

  1. You've been melting some great stuff!! A lot of that looks mighty familiar lol! I'm so glad you found some good things in that big old box o' wax I sent! Lemon Noel Sugar Cookies is definitely amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be one of my favorite scents EVER!

      Delete