Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Candles From The Keeping Room (CFTKR) haul #1

Hello again!



Today I have the very first Candles From The Keeping Room order I ever placed to share! I think this may be the most addictive vendor I have come across yet. I just received my second order and I have already placed a third. I seriously feel like there are always more that I want to order from Carol! Her stuff is so addictive and she is so generous with her samples. Onto the wax!


Coconut Caramel Crunch Cake: I was half asleep when I placed my last order and I accidentally ordered an 8 ounce bag of this instead of my favorite so far, Lemon Noel Sugar Cookies. Which really stinks since it's sold out now. Ah well, there's always next time and I have more then enough wax in the meantime! Coconut Caramel Crunch Cake made me nervous at first since on cold sniff it wasn't very strong. I re-sniffed the bag today and I SWEAR it got stronger in the last week or so. This smells so good! You get the light coconut, the creamy caramel and that crunch note is so distinct in there! I cannot wait to melt this one! 


Banana Caramel Cupcake: This is seriously mouth-watering. I really love Carol's banana scents, I have a bag of Banana Flapjacks on their way right now. :) The banana in there is so rich and strong, and the cupcake bakery notes just make it all the more delicious. So awesome. I seriously cannot wait to melt these. Jeff loves this too, I'll have to melt this when he's home. A repurchase without a doubt. 

Lemon Noel Sugar Cookies: This is probably my favorite CFTKR scent so far. Trust me, a lot come close, but this is just perfection to my nose! I would buy this over and over and over again. I will be rationing these until I get more. I love that this time around these little cookies have rainbow sprinkles. So cute!


Caramel Praline Indian Bread (freebie): I seriously adore caramel praline scents, so I was really excited about this one! The loaf is huge as well, I'd say there's two uses in there. I'm slightly on the fence with this one, the bread note is so strong and it's more of a straight up bread note. I really want to melt this soon to see how I like it.

Banana Flapjacks (freebie): This one is so great! After I started melting this I immediately ordered a bag. It's that good, and Jeff and I both love banana scents. The maple-y bakery notes in there for the flapjacks are so delicious!  I'll be doing a melt review on this very soon. Will always be a repurchase.


Raspberry Coconut Cake (freebie): This is awesome! I really think I'm taking back my previous notion that I don't like raspberry scents. I never did in the past, but there's been a couple I've come across that I've really liked! This is a fantastic blend of raspberry and coconut with bakery notes. I still haven't melted this yet, but if it if it's this great already on cold throw I will repurchase for sure! LOVE.

Nectarine & Honey: I decided last minute in my order to throw in a jumbo tart for two bucks. I don't really like this one. There's the strong nectarine scent with the note of honey, but there's a strange perfume note in there I'm just not fond of. I will probably be finding this one a new home.


Island Oasis (freebie): What a fantastic summer scent! A sunny coconut scent with hints of citrus and pineapple that I just love! I cannot WAIT to melt this one once the weather gets a little warmer. 

Berry Bellini (freebie): This one I'm a little on the fence about. The tart berry notes might be just a little too much for me. I'm thinking about possibly blending this one. I LOVE the bunny shape! 


Pineapple Cilantro (freebie): This is exactly what it sounds like! And the pineapple is so strong and juicy! DELICIOUS! This might be the perfect pineapple scent. Can't wait to melt it.

Exotic Passion Fruit (freebie): I don't think I'm a passion fruit kinda girl. I don't really dislike this one, but I can't see myself reaching for this to melt it. I might pass this one on to a new home.

Mint 2 Sampler #11


Peppermint Patty: OMG this is just amazing! After coming across peppermint chocolate scents, Jeff and I have decided that we LOVE melting them at bedtime in our bedroom. I have quite a few on their way right now. So GOOD!

Buttermint: This one was okay, mint with buttery notes. I liked it, but I needed to blend it to get it to where I wanted it to be.


Peppermint Cake Bites: This is AWESOME! The peppermint and bakery cake notes are blended perfectly together, it's so good! I'll be so sad when I finally melt it! Repurchase for SURE! 

Eucalyptus Spearmint: This is such a clean, fresh, relaxing mint. I think this will be perfect for bedtime! LOVE.


Peppermint Bark: OMG this is amazing! AH-MAZ-ING! Smells exactly like the real stuff to a T! I almost want to eat this wax! :D Cannot wait to melt.

Hot Chocolate Peppermint: This isn't quite as amazing as Peppermint Patty and Peppermint Bark, but it's still great! The chocolate has a much softer scent in this one. 

Hope you enjoyed! Have a great day!

<3 Dana





4 comments:

  1. Peppermint Cake Bites sounds awesome! You picked some nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 It's so awesome I can't wait to melt it!

      Delete