Sunday, May 19, 2013

What I've Been Melting #8

Happy Sunday!

Today I have a REALLY long What I've Been Melting to share with you. I was extremely sick with a viral infection for the majority of last week, so this is about two weeks of melting saved up. I'm so happy I'm back to feeling better,my lungs were completely screwed up and when I tried melting anything it made my lungs so much worse. :( Here's what I have to share today! Enjoy!


Beezy: Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake - This tart was hella strong just like all of Beezy's amazing scent shots, but this is the one that screwed my lungs up worse. :( Such a shame I had to dump it since it smells so good! I always stalk John's site, and the next time I see this I'm getting a few! 24 watt hotplate.

Beezy: Oreo Cookies - Beezy has quickly become one of my favorite vendors out there. This was light on cold sniff, but BOY did this come to life when melted! It smells DEAD ON to the classic cookie, and it was strong enough to fill my entire apartment! Started melting in the early afternoon, and this bad boy was still going strong at dinner. Will repurchase for sure! 24 watt hot plate.

Dutch Candle Company: Skittles - I'm always impressed by how strong these little one ounce scent shots are, and this one was bangin'! Smells just like a freshly opened bag of Skittles. If you haven't tried this scent, you need to! So good! 18 watt.

Lasting Scent Candles: Pink Petit Fours - Another great pink sugar scent from LSC! Melted in my 20 watt light bulb warmer in my kitchen and I loved it! I only have about five left from my pink sugar sampler. Sad.

Sugar & Spice: Pink Bananas - Shanna's scent shots are another that have become one of my favorite vendors. It sucks it's such a rat race to buy her wax since it's all RTS now - but I placed an order the other day and I got some great stuff. This was SUCH A strong scent, you get banana as the main note to me, followed closely behind by the pink sugar. Lasted I think about 7 hours. 24 watt hot plate. 

Indulgence by MJ: Monkey Farts - Pretty generic banana scent with a light/medium throw. Eh. 18 watt.


CFTKR: Crunch Berry Crisp - I've had this bag for a while, it never really wowed me before. But, like most paraffin wax, BOY did it come to life when melted! This scent is SOOOOOOOO good! It doesn't smell exactly like the cereal, but that doesn't matter to me since it smells so good! I will be buying a big 8 ounce bag from Carol for sure! 24 watt hot plate. 

CFTKR: Lemon Noel - Anything Lemon Noel from Carol is a must have in my collection for sure, and among my all-time favorite lemon scents EVER. Strong throw, so amazing. I will always have this or it's counterparts at all times! 24 watt hot plate.

Front Porch: Sweet Lavender Peppermint - Hello there, I'd like you to meet my new favorite bedtime scent! This is my two favorite scents to melt in my bedroom at night in one - how could I go wrong?! This helped me relax so much! Melted in my 18 watt. 


Kims: Pumpkin Cheesecake - DUD. I have nothing good to say about it.

The Bathing Garden: Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies - This is quickly becoming a scent that I want to try from every vendor. This one is really nice! A nice, rich, and definitely buttery bakery scent with the lightness of blackberry. I melted this in my 18 watt light bulb warmer and I didn't get the best results, so I think I'll try a different warmer next time.

Little Kitchen Candles: Birthday Fruit Loops - Holy cow I love this blend! I'm sad the LKC is out of business, so when I run out of these I'll have to try it out from another vendor. Melted one sunny tart in my 18 watt and it had a nice medium throw. Seriously - SO GOOD.


Front Porch: Cotton Candy Cookies - I got this in a RR, and I don't know exactly how old it is, but I got such a light scent that it really didn't do anything for me. It was just okay. Melted in my 18 watt.

Rose Girls: Sunny Days - OMG YES! I don't really like orange scents, but I've found that I ADORE satsuma ones! Mixed with strawberry, this really is a cheerful, strong scent. I'm so excited that I have a whole bag on it's way from RG in my recent order. What a great summer scent! 24 watt hot plate.

RG: Streuselkuchen - A great, strong, caramel and spicy vanilla bakery scent. So good, and lasted forever. So glad I have more of this one! 24 watt hot plate.

Combo: Coexist Candle Co. Zucchini Bread & Closet Full Of Wax Peeps - DUD. The zucchini bread smelled sour so I added a little bunny tart sample of Peeps. The marshmallow scent couldn't save this one. DUD.


CFTKR: Hey Sugar - I'm telling you, no one does lemon scents like Carol can. Blows my mind every time! I don't get as much of a bakery lemon as I do a fresh, almost clean lemon. So strong, so amazing! This is on my need to order list for when Carol reopens! 24 watt hot plate.

CFTKR: Blueberry Whitecake - This ladies, is the strongest thing I've ever melted from Carol! I got this in a RR and I loved this blueberry scent when melting! Jeff, however, said it was way too strong and he didn't like the scent. I melted it on & off in my 24 watt hot plate when he was working LOL! 

Combo: Scent Appeal: Pink Malted Milk & CFoW: Sugared Milk - I didn't realized until I melted these how much I love milk scents! Shelby sent me Pink Malted Milk, and I fell in love! I melted both cubes in my 18 watt, and they were strong and awesome! When they started to fizzle I added Sugared Milk and it amped it right back up! I would repurchase both of these scents in a heart beat!

Kitty Cat Wax: Ferris Wheel - This was a huge heart tart and I threw the whole thing in my 24 watt hot plate. I think this is a blend of cotton candy, caramel apple, and funnel cake. But all I get is the spicy bakery notes of the funnel cake really. I liked this scent, but it was too much after about four hours and I had to dump it.


Krazy Candle: Fairy Dust - Got this in a destash. Weird fruity almost soapy scent that had light scent on cold and no scent on warm. Eh.

Haley's Heavenly Scents: Pumpkin Spice Latte - This is another from my recent destash as well, and this was GREAT! I will be ordering this in a six pack of tarts next time I order from HHS! So strong, the pumpkin in there is fantastic, and the spiciness is just divine! Melted in my 24 watt hot plate, lasted for almost eight hours. LOVE.

Sugar & Spice: Pink Lemon Pound Cake - Another home run from Shanna! This is a great blend, the pink sugar being the dominant note in there, followed closely behind by the lemon pound cake. Fantastic, fresh blend! Melted in my 24 watt hot plate, lasted for 6-7 hours I believe? 

Heavenleigh Apothecary: Brownie Batter Bites - Now I have a lot of chocolate scents. A LOT. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compares to this one! I could eat this wax! So rich, realistic and crazy strong! I love the little brownie shapes and the chocolate sprinkles. Melted on tart in my 18 watt hot plate, smells delicious! 

Sniff My Tarts: Campfire Dessert - I'm actually melting this as we speak! And only one half of the giant chunk Jacqui gave me! This is a blend of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers. This is soooooo strong and soooooo good! It's been melting for 7 hours now and it's still going! I'm so grateful for the SMT she's given me - they all smell so amazing and I cherish them all! 24 watt hot plate.  


CFTKR: Fruit Loops Toasted Marshmallow - Yep. Yet another one that I need to order from Carol! Holy crapola this is amazing! SOOOOOO strong in my 24 watt hot plate, this lasted for about 5-6 hours. So dang good. I only have regular CFTKR Fruit Loops, and this one has just such a great twist!

Front Porch: Buttercream Iced Orange Danish - I know I don't normally like orange scents, but I just wanted to try this one from a destash. I got almost no throw from this, either. Melted in my 18 watt light bulb warmer. 

Front Porch: Yummy Cake Batter - Another from a RR, this one smells like cookie dough to me! A really great bakery scent from Angie, I would buy a four pack of grubby tarts for sure! Melted at bedtime in my 18 watt light bulb and it was pretty much gone in the morning when I woke up.

Closet Full Of Wax: Girls Gone Wild - Really light fruity scent that pretty much did nothing.

Hope you enjoyed! Have a great day!
<3 Dana


6 comments:

  1. Beezy and Dutch Candle Co.--two vendors I haven't heard of. I can't wait to try them. ..and those brownie bites, can't wait! Thanks Dana, awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You NEED to try them both for sure! We could totally do a swap sometime if you're down! :)

      Delete
  2. I love milk scents too. Sweet Lavender Peppermint is also one of my favorite bedtime scents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome bunch of melts!! I am really intrigued by SA's Pink Malted Milk, I definitely need to try that one soon. And I'm so glad the SMT chunk worked out for you!! Also, Sugar and Spice's Pink Banana sounds amazeballs, I need to try all of her banana blends!

    ReplyDelete