Sunday, May 12, 2013

What I've Been Melting #7

Hello there again!

Today I have my melts to share, and I'm a little behind! I hope I can remember everything I've melted since it was about a week or two back. :P I've been sick the last few days, so I haven't been able to melt as much. #8 will be lighter on the wax unless I hold on to it and compile it with with following week. Enjoy! 


Combo - CFTKR: Pumpkin Corn Pudding & Sugar Cookie Fluff - Whelp, yep, this is the scent that made me realize that I don't like corn pudding scents. The pumpkin made it a little more tolerable, but the corn-y note in here is just too much for my nose. I added one cookie of Sugar Cookie Fluff and I actually really liked this combo. It toned down the SCP completely, and I can't wait to melt this one on its own! 24w hot plate.

Kims: Serendipity - I know, I know. Kims. But I have so much from her that I ordered and I really want to just use them up and not waste them. They suck in my hot plate, and they suck in my light bulb. The other night I tried melting them in my tea-light in the bathroom and they were AWESOME! I found the perfect way to melt to melt them! I was so excited! I melted one fluted tart of serendipity twice and I loved it both times. A really nice scent! I just wish I wasn't opposed to ordering from Kims again.

Kims: Pink Sugar - Another home run in my tea-light in the bathroom! Nice and strong, a really nice pink sugar scent. I overdid pink sugar back when I got into wax, and I'm right back into it again. LOVE. I need to restock my PS scents for sure!


Scentsationals: Zen - I had seen a YouTube video that this was a really nice dupe of The Kissing Booth's Slow Your Roll that I had just ordered, so of course I was excited to try it out! I know many of you love it, but man I DID NOT. One cube was WAY too strong, way too perfume-y, and gave me a massive headache. As much as I love eucalyptus/spearmint scents, this one was just too much and I'll have to pass it along. 18 watt.

The Kissing Booth: Slow Your Roll - Not this one I LOVE! This is much lighter, minty-er, and more herbal. In other words - AWESOME! One cube was enough and it lasted through the night and still had a little left in the morning. This may be a staple in my wax collection, and I'll be hoarding this clamshell until the next time I place an order. :P 18 watt.

The Kissing Booth: Tough Cookie - I pretty much have to try every lemon bakery scent I find, but this one fell a little flat to me. I threw 2 cubes into my 18 watt, and got almost no scent what-so-ever. From what I could smell when I walked across my room to get closer to the warmer was really great! I don't want to give up on this one yet, I'll try it in my new 24 watt hot plate.  

Scentsationals: My Mom Is Best My Best Friend - Really creamy vanilla scent but I cannot for the life of me remember what! I just remember this being a really great blender. Wish I could remember! :P


Sreetman Candle Company: Pumpkin Souffle - I'm the kind of girl who melts pumpkin scents all year round, so I knew I had to melt this one right away after I got this in a destash. This was was REALLY strong and it had a warm, almost nutty pumpkin scent to it. The only Streetman's I have are from destashes, I really need to place an order. 

Tiffany Candles: Birthday Bash - This a pink fruit loops and birthday cake blend I believe and man it's GOOD. I've been wanting to place a Tiffany's order, and I'm thinking of getting this one in a scoopable! Really strong, lasted over 6 hours if I remember correctly. 

Lasting Scent Candles: Pink Sugared Vanilla - I cherish all of my LSC scent shots, I'm so sad they're closed right now. I'm running into my last little bit from my pink sugar sampler I got a little while back. Runnin' low, ladies! This one was their great PS scent with an almost vanilla frosting scent to it. Really, really great. As always, lasted forever in my 20 watt. *sigh* I miss them.

Crabby Candle Co.: Pink Lemon Squares - This one was awesome! This tiny little one ounce scent shot packed such a punch! I melted this in my 18 watt in my bedroom and it wafted into our hallway. This was such an amazing scent, the next time I order from John, I'm getting a few of these!


Front Porch: Momma's Blueberry Cobbler - What a great blueberry scent, nice and ripe smelling with a light bakery scent to add lightness to the mix. Really great, this lasted for TWO DAYS in my 18 watt and was really strong. This will be a repurchase for sure!

Front Porch: Serendipity Cupcakes - I've been crazy into serendipity scents lately, and I've ordered I think four from FP lately! This one was really great, you get the creaminess of the cupcake scent mixed in there. Melted in my 20 watt and filled my apartment.

Pics, Petals, & Scents: Cucumber Melon & Peppermint Noel - This is such a unique scent and it was great to melt at bedtime. The sweet mint mixed with the cucumber melon is both refreshing and relaxing. I melted one cube at bedtime in my 18 watt. Light(er) scent, but it lasted almost until the morning, it was still lingering when I woke up.


Front Porch: Loopy Serendipity - Two of my favorite scents mixed together? Please and thank you! You get the serendipity as the dominant note, but the fruit loops are definitely there. Really nice blend! Melted in my 18 watt, it lasted for 6-7 hours if I remember correctly. 

Front Porch: Lemon Fruity Loops - To me, fruit loops can smell like a really tart lemon scent - so blended with lemon I basically got a CRAZY strong FL scent! Really yum in my 18 watt.

Ollie's Soaps: Strawberry Bread - I happened to get two little bunny shapes in two different orders, so I melted them together. On cold sniff this was awesome, but warm I got NOTHING. I could barely smell it with my head right over the warmer. Such a shame. 18 watt.

CFTKR: Buttery Cake Bites - This scent is just WAY too buttery for me warm. WAAAAAY too buttery. It almost hurt my nose LOL! I let it melt for about 2-3 hours before I just had to dump it. I feel bad, I thought I was really going to like this on cold! 24 watt hot plate.


Front Porch: Serendipity Vanilla Confusion - Another really nice serendipity blend from FP. The vanilla overpowered the serendipity in some aspects, but it just made it creamier to me. 18 watt.

BeauxSavonsFrais: Sweet Lolli Bread - This was SUCH a sweet, strong scent! I can't put my finger on exactly what's in this scent, but it's one of the sweetest things I've ever smelled! I don't love it now, but I don't hate it. I don't get bread notes either, just crazy sweetness. 20 watt.

Rosegirls: Raspberry Key Lime Pie - THIS IS SO AH-MAZ-ING! I melted this when I first got my 24 watt hot plate, and this was crazy strong, crazy awesome. I normally hate raspberry scents, but I think I'm in a love affair with RG's. Mixed with key lime pie? I'm shooting myself in the foot for not ordering this when they last opened. Lasted for two days easily. :)

Closet Full Of Wax: Lemon Squares - On cold sniff, so good. Melting? DUD. I don't know whhhhhhy this has to suck, I have two other packs of fluted tarts! I'm going to try and melt these in a different warmer I think.

That's all I got! I hope you enjoyed, have a great week!
<3 Dana



2 comments:

  1. Hi Dana! I've been looking for a good blueberry! Thanks for the review of Momma's blueberry cobbler, I'll have to remember that one the next I'm I order with Front Porch. And the Raspberry Key Lime Pie sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! it's so amazing, you really really need it!

      Delete