Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What I've Been Melting #6

Greetings!

I'm craaaaazy behind my hauls and What I've Been Melting posts. This is what I melted over a week ago, so I REALLY hope I remember everything correctly. :P Here we go!


Front Porch: Caramel Apple Cupcakes - I've found that I really like caramel apple & winter candy apple scents. This is a bakery take on the classic, and MAN is is good! You get the tartness of the apple and the sweet creaminess of the caramel. Really, really yum. Nice and strong. Would purchase for sure! 18 watt.

Front Porch: Lemon Marshmallow - This scent has so much type around it, so I was really excited when I got this in a sampler. I have to say, it just really didn't do it for me. Lemon scents are my favorite, but I need them much stronger then this one. I liked the scent, but it's just not a favorite for me. 18 watt.

Kitty Cat Wax: Tinsel - I really appreicate free samples from vendors, but this one was just so teeny tiny that I just threw it in with FP's Lemon Marshmallow. Didn't get anything. Had an adorable apple shape with glitter though!

JLCCW: Lemon Icebox Cupcakes & Vanilla Bean Noel - I got this one in a destash so I don't know how old it is. It had almost no scent on cold throw and even less scent when warmed. It did however have an adorable cupcake shape.

Sniff My Tarts: Caramel Orange Chiffon - HOLY FREAKING COW THIS IS AWESOME! You get the rich, creamy and strong caramel scent with the under notes of orange. This chunk was so strong and filled up my entire apartment. I love this scent so much and would love to get my hands on more some day!


CFTKR: Burnt Cream - This was in one of those big gingerbread bunny shapes so I got two uses out of this bad boy! Jeff loves this scent so much and so do I! I made sure I ordered a bag before Carol closed for a while. I can't wait until Thursday! :) Both times I melted this it was strong as can be and had great staying power. 20 watt.

CFTKR: Farmhouse Treats - I was really excited to get this one as a free sample, but it really didn't do it for me. The sweetness to this just didn't hit my nose right. 18 watt. 

Rosegirls: Pink Serendipity Smoothie - SO. GOOD. I am on one crazy serendipity kick right now, so this was perfect to melt! The pink sugar and smoothie add a calmness to the mix, making this a great relaxing blend. Melted in my 20 watt, it lasted for over eight hours!

Closet Full Of Wax: Bare Naked Lady - This was a free sample, and a weird fruity one at that. I didn't like it, something about it just wasn't wright to me. It fizzled out right away with was fine by me. 18 watt.


Front Porch: Ultimate Bakery - Ah, my beloved. I have multiple packs of these favorite scent of mine and I love it more and more every time I melt it. Great throw, lasted forever in my 18 watt. LOVE.

Front Porch: Lemonberry Crumble - Another classic and absolute favorite of mine. THIS IS SO AMAZING. Oh, and it lasts FOR-EV-ER. So amazing. 

CFTKR: Banana Flapjacks - I love Carol's flapjacks scents and this one did not disappoint! Love this fresh banana bakery scent. Always a repurchase for me. 20 watt, lasted a pretty decent time.


Ollie's Soaps: Pistachio Pudding Cake - This made me realize how much I love pistachio scents and I'm forever in love. IN. LOVE. This was so stinking strong, so stinking amazing in throw, and lasted FOR-EV-ER. I want this little cake to last me forever. Lasted over 9 hours in my 20 watt.

Ollie's Soaps: French Baguette - This scent, on the other hand, made me realize that I HATE yeast-y bread scents. This was gross. Melted it in my kitchen to cover up a spicy dinner smell, but it didn't work out. I'll be passing this along. Melted in my tea-light. 

Cupcake Candles: Coconut Lemon Buttercream Cookie - It was so fun to finally melt my blends that I made from Cupcake Candles and it was so nice! Her wax is strong, too! I get the lemon, the peppermint, and the coconut all equally. Great throw, wafted throughout my entire apartment. I'll be sending my second off to a friend so she can enjoy as well.

Cupcake Candles: Funnel Cake Wildberry Bread - This is my absolute favorite blend that I made and I think I need more since I only have one little pie tart left! You get the great spicy bakery note from the funnel cake with the added sweetness of the wildberry bread. This was hella strong and lasted for almost 7 hours if I remember correctly. 


Sugar & Spice: Pink Sugar Cookie Dough Bread - This is a great dough-y pink sugar scent! I was saving this for when I got my S&S order, and now I have enough that I can start melting these bad boys. This had nice throw and lasted a good amount of time. I can't wait to melt more!

Indulgence by MJ: Macintosh Apple - Not gonna lie, I'm impressed as can be by this little one ounce scent shot from a little unknown vendor! I took a leap of faith by placing an order, and the throw on this was so good! It filled up my whole bedroom. Lasted about 3-4 hours in my 18 watt.

Lasting Scent Candles: Pink Lullabye - What a great bedtime scent! I mostly get pink sugar, but the lavender is definitely in there. I cut this scent shot into four sections in my 18 watt in my bedtime. Would repurchase for SURE!

Lasting Scent Candles: Pumpkin Marshmallow Chai - LSC is the BOMB when it comes to pumpkin scents, and sadly this is my last one until I order more. Great, rich pumpkin scent with the spiciness of the chai tea in there. Really nice and strong, lasted a long time. 20 watt.


Closet Full Of Wax: Caramel Latte - Wowza, this puppy is STRONG! I mean STROOOOOOONG! I melted two coffee bean shapes in my tea-light and it blew me away! It smells so amazing for a coffee scent, but it was so strong I had to blow it out after about an hour. Next time I'm sticking to one coffee bean and I'll be solid. Really great. If you love coffee scents, this is for you!

Kissing Booth: Christopher Street - This was my very first time melting anything from the Kissing Booth, and I was really impressed! A straight up fruit loops scent, I melted two cubes and it FILLED my living room/kitchen area. Lasted over 7 hours. I'm a fruit loops nut, so I'll definitely be repurchasing this with my next KB order.

Better Homes & Garden - Frosty Peppermint Snow - I know I've reviewed this one before, but I thought I'd throw it in here again. Nice strong peppermint scent. I will always want this in my wax collection. 


Front Porch: Grape Fruit Loops - Everything about this scent is great! I love grape scents, I love fruit loop scents, and I love FP. All in all, a total win. Melted in my 18 watt, lasted a really long time. 

Long Cane Primitives: Apple Pumpkin Bread - This was MUCH strong warm then cold, which was a really nice surprise. The not to nice surprise? The heavy yeast-y bread note that came out on warm. I love some bread scents, but I can't stand ones that have that certain note. Had to dump it.

Rosegirls: Cereal Killer Cuppa Cake - Oh Hell, I don't even know where to start. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. So strong, lasted for two days on and and off. TWO DAYS. I'm so happy I have a whole bag of this bad boy. Well done, Rosegirls. *applause* I can't wait for my April order!

Hope you have a great week!
<3 Dana

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You melted some great stuff. I lurve BHG Frosty Peppermint Snow :)

      Delete
    2. It really is so amazing! I wash they always had it in stock at Walmart, I hate buying it one eBay!

      Delete