Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What I've Been Melting #5

Hello again!

Today I have my fifth installment of What I've Been Melting! I melting WAY MORE than I normally do, simply because my wax collection just keeps growing! I'm not rushing through melting everything per say, I'm just trying to make room for the new! The world of wax is so addicting and there's always more I need want. Let's jump right in, shall we?


Front Porch: Whipped Key Lime Frosting - This one is so great! I knew I would love it off cold sniff, and it was BANGING when melting! Crazy strong throw and lasted forever. I love the tartness of the lime in this blend. I'll be repurchasing this again and again for sure! Melted in my 20 watt.

iheartwax: Serendipity Bubblegum - iheartwax is quickly climbing the latter as a new favorite vendor of mine. Great prices? Check! Great blends? Check! Let's not forget these babies are STROOOOOOONG and they last on and off for DAYS! Amazing quality and bang for your buck. I'm planning my next order with them right now, I can't wait to see what else they have in store! Melted in my 18 watt.

Closet Full Of Wax: Lavender Ice Cream Scoop Bread - This was a freebie blend from Michele, and I LOVE this one! What a great bedtime blend. I really like CFoW's lavender, and mixed with the sweetness of the ice cream scoop bread it's so calming. I would repurchase again for sure. Melted one tart at a time in my 18 watt. 

Beezy Tarts: Fresh Peaches - This is the freshest peach scent I've ever smelled. EVER. This was a gift from Jacqui, and I cannot get over how juicy this smelled! Makes my mouth water! I threw half in my 20 watt, and since I'm crazy for strong scents I threw in the other half. I didn't see this listed on his site, but I'd love to get my hands on this one again.


CFTKR: Honeydew & Whipped Cream - I wanted to like this one  warm, I really did. But the floral notes that I picked up on cold sniff only came out more on warm. Just not for me, I'll try to find a better home for it. 20 watt.

CFTKR: Lemon Noel Sugar Cookie - I've reviewed this one before, and I still will rave about it! I got this in my very first order from Carol, and it remains one of my all time favorite lemon bakery scents. Simply amazing. 20 watt.

CFTKR: Glazed Donuts - This is a really terrific simple bakery scent, and I really like it! You get the slight cinnamon, but mostly you smell Krispy Kreme! Really like this scent. 20 watt.


Combo: Scentsationals Cupcake & Lemon Chiffon - Got this idea from Jacqui, and now it's one of my favorite blends EVER! Lemon Chiffon is one of my favorite scents ever, and the cupcake adds such a nice creaminess. I can see myself reaching for this combo time and time again, it lasted for over 8 hours! Melted in my 18 watt. 

Kims: Lemon Meringue Pie - This was a really nice lemon bakery scent, too bad when I threw in both tarts it died out right away. While it lasted it smelled great, but it was only like 2 hours and that's pushing it. 20 watt.

Kims: Hot Baked Apple Pie - This one was just a single tart sample, and it smelled GOOOOOOOD! I wish I had had another to amp up the scent, but from what I could smell it was so good. 18 watt.


JMae's: Peppermint Cupcake - Jamie makes the strongest peppermint ever, I tell ya! It's so dang GOOD! I melted one half of the scent shot at a time and this bad boy was still going strong when I woke up in the morning. SO GOOD. I'd love to get my hands on more one day. Melted in my 18 watt.

Front Porch: Lavender Love Dare - This is gross. My first ever FP scent that I really don't like! These two scents mixed together had a sour-like scent to it that had me dumping it out right away. 18 watt.

OLC: Fruit Loops - One thing I will say about OLC's samples, these little guys pack quite the punch! Fruit Loops is one of my favorite scents ever, I really like this one. I still need to place an OLC order, and this will be going on there for sure! Lasted about 5 hours in my 18 watt.

CFTKR: Serendipity Marsh Delight - What a classic from Carol, and I need more when she reopens! I have another sample to tide me over, I'll have to make it last. Really nice and strong in my 20 watt. LOVE LOVE LOVE.


Beezy Tarts: Blonde Moment - This is so stinking awesome. This might be one of the most perfect summer scents! I ordered another one in my recent order. I get strong, tart fruity lemonade. So amazing. This little donut sample was pretty strong and had nice throw. Really love this scent. 18 watt.

Yankee: Christmas Cookie -I know Yankee gets some bad hype, but I think that's only because people aren't using the correct warmers, Yankee tarts are meant to be used in tea-light warmers. Melted this in my bedroom, it was a nice soft scent. 

Combo: Closet Full Of Wax Stuffed French Toast & BH&G Wild Berry Cheesecake - I'm trying my hand at a little more blending these days. I thought since the scent of the CFoW was so light, adding Wild Berry Cheesecake would amp it up and bit. I really liked this blend quite a lot. I need a back up clamshell of the BH&G! I melted this combo twice, once in my 20 watt and once in my 18 watt.


The Bathing Garden: Caramel Custard Praline - This was just too much for me. I thought I liked praline scents, but now I'm not sure. This one little cube was sickeningly strong to me and I had to dump it right away. I really want to love this scent, but I don't think I can. I'll be passing this one along I believe.

The Bathing Garden: Raspberry Hearts - So awesome, I'm so glad I have a back-up of this one! I melted two cubes in my 20 watt, this is such an amazing raspberry scent. Jeffrey loves this scent, so I'll always order more when I can. 


CFTKR: Jelly Donuts - I think I might be a donut scent addict. I love every kind of donut scent, and now I love jelly donuts! This has such a nice, strong scent to it, you get the berries so prominent in it. I have some tarts from Scent Appeal that I need to try out as well. 20 watt.

iheartwax: Strawberry Serendipity - As I know I've mentioned before, I have fall head over heels in love over iheartwax. I got this grubby tart as a sample, and I'm planning on getting at least two four packs of this in my next order. IT'S THAT FREAKING AMAZING, PEOPLE! I went from hating strawberry scents to LOVING them, and I've been on a serendipity kick lately. This tart was crazy strong and lasted FOREVER. If you haven't tried this vendor yet, you must. 20 watt.

Front Porch: Lemon & Lime - Two of my favorite scents in one?! YES, PLEASE! SUCH an amazing scent, I will be ordering more in the near future for sure. Melted this in my 20 watt, and this bad boy lasted for two days nice and strong. I've been really loving Front Porch lately. 

Front Porch: Pink Sugar Noel - What a nice, light, smooth blend of pink sugar and vanilla bean noel. What a soothing scent for bedtime, which was when I melted it. Had a nice scent and throw in my 18 watt, but I felt it didn't last as long as my FP's normally do. Still really great. 


Better Homes and Gardens: Calming Lavender Sunshine - I found this little guy hiding behind other clamshells at WalMart, and I knew it had to be mine! What a nice, almost refreshing lavender scent. I melted one cube at bedtime in my 18 watt, and that one cube was definitely enough! 

Scentsationals: Strawberries & Cream - Like I said before, I'm on a strawberry kick. This one is really fantastic as well! I can see myself snagging a few more back-ups once I hit up WalMart again. You need this one, ladies!

Scentsy: Paradise Punch - This smells EXACTLY like fruit punch and it is awesome! I melted two cubes in my 18 watt and this bad boy packed a punch! Really great scent, so true to life!

Have a great day, ladies!
<3 Dana



1 comment:

  1. Great bunch of melts this week! TBG Caramel Praline Custard was too much for me off of cold sniff, I can't imagine how atrocious it would have been warmed lol. My CFTKR Glazed Donut scent smells like Warm Vanilla Sugar to me =( Glazed Cinnamon Donut however - yum!! Hey, when are you going to post your RG haul? I'm dying to see what chunks you got ;-D

    ReplyDelete