Saturday, April 6, 2013

What I've Been Melting #4

Happy weekend, everyone!

This week flew by for me! It feels like Easter was just yesterday, I swear! I know I don't have nearly as much wax as so many others out there, but I've been starting to feel overwhelmed by how much wax I have and how much I can't wait to melt. In the last two months I've gone from having a few YC tarts, to now having SIX drawers full of wax and nine more packages on the way! (One drawer is PACKED full of just CFTKR!) Here's what I've melted the past week -


CFTKR: Fresh Picked Strawberry's - This is seriously the best strawberry scent. EVER. The freshest, most realistic one I've come across. Even better? THEY LOOK LIKE REAL STRAWBERRIES! So stinking cute! I used to really dislike strawberry scents, but now I really love them. (Except FP's strawberry. Ick.) I melted this in my tea-light burner since I wanted this as strong as can be, and MAN it was nice and strong! Lasted about 4 hours since I used the tea-light. When Carol re-opens I need a bunch more.

The Happy Little Bee: Red Velvet Cake - This little scent shot had quite the throw for a little guy! I really like red velvet scents, and this one was pretty generic but very nice. Lasted only a hours in my 18 watt.

Closet Full Of Wax: Bear Claws - This was a dud. I really love most of Michele's wax, but this one had literally no scent, even with my head over the warmer. 


Lasting Scent Candles: Pink Marshmallow Shortbread - I got LSC's pink sugar sampler, and this is the first time I've gotten around to melting one! This was so great! I enjoy pink sugar scents, and this one was nice and strong. You get the bakery notes from the marshmallow shortbread. Nice and creamy, I really enjoyed it! Definitely a repurchase. 

Ten Digit Creations: Ginger Ale - This was a gift from the lovely Jacqui, and one of the funnest scents I've come across as of yet! This smells exactly like the real thing, fizziness and all! Melted in my 18 watt. Next time I plan a TDC order, this will be in there for sure!

The Bathing Garden: Frosted Pumpkin - This is another gift from Jacqui, and this is one of the best pumpkin scents EVER. I love the spiciness of it, it's the perfect amount! Not too clove-y, and not too much cinnamon. I melted two cubes in my 20 watt, and it wafted throughout my entire apartment! I need to remember to start off with only one cube with TBG, sometimes one is so strong! LOVE this one!


The Bathing Garden: Guava Berry Gelato - I was so excited when all of my TBG clamshells were finally cured long enough, I've been melting them like crazy! This was the first one I decided to melt. What a fresh and tart guava and berry scent, the guava being center stage. I melted two cubes in my 18 watt, and this bad boy was STRONG! Lasted a long time as well! 

Scent Appeal Candles: Pink Mint Serendipity - This is a terrific blend for bedtime! I love these three scents together, none overpowers the other. I melted two cubes in my 18 watt in my bedroom. I turned it on before I went to bed, and the scent was still lingering in the morning. 


The Bathing Garden: Pink Bunny Ears - I am really kicking myself for not stockpiling up on these Easter scents! These here are both amazing serendipity blends, and if she ever re-stocks them, I've buying in bulk. This one is a rich blend of red velvet cake and serendipity. I melted Pink Bunny Ears twice, two cubes in my 20 watt in the living room one day and one cube in my 18 watt in our bedroom another day. This one is so great!

The Bathing Garden: Serendipity Cream Pie - Hello, I'd like you to meet my favorite TBG scent so far and the best serendipity scent I've EVER SMELLED. Seriously. I can't express how much I love this scent! I'll be hoarding the rest of what's left until I get more. Oh I *HOPE* I can get more! PLEASE SHANNON! I melted two cubes in my 20 watt and boy was this nice and strong! Filled the entire apartment with yumminess. AMAZING.


Potpourri Patch: Blueberry Torte - This is a little unknown brand to me given to me by my lovely friend Lauren, who discovered them at a craft fair. I love blueberry scents, but this one fell a little flat to me. I think I only really like blueberry scents mixed with bakery notes, I didn't get any in this one. Only a fake blueberry scent. Light/medium throw.

Front Porch: Lemonberry Crumble - This was a week for finding new scent favorites for SURE! This, boys and girls, is THE LONGEST LASTING TART EVER! I swear. I melted it on and off for FOUR DAYS. So strong, SO SO SO good! I now know why every raves about this one, and I'm so happy I have a four pack still! I need every blend FP will ever come out with in their lemonberry scent now. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Melted in my 20 watt.

Ten Digit Creations: Island Nectar - This is a very light, but very nice scent. I find that with about half of my TDC tarts, their scents are very night. I melted this in my 18 watt in my bedroom and it should have been used in another warmer I believe. I love the scent itself, but before I count it out I want to try melting it again in something else.


CFTKR: Peaches and Cream - I am crazy into peach scents lately, and this is a really good one! I love her fresh peach scent, and I enjoy the creaminess added to the blend. It filled up my entire living room for about 6 hours in my 20 watt. 

Scentsy: Lemon Coconut Chiffon -  A lovely twist on my beloved Scentsationals Lemon Chiffon! I love these scents so much, and the coconut is a fun touch! Always a favorite. I'll be repurchasing this one for sure. Melted two cubes in my 18 watt. 


Closet Full Of Wax: Cotton Candy - A nice, sweet cotton candy scent. Too bad it died down all to quick after only a few hours. I added a cube of Lemon Chiffon to brighten things up and it did the trick! LOVE this blend, I can't wait to try it again. Next time I think I'll try cotton candy from another vendor though. Used my 18 watt.

Tiffany Candles: Lime Cheesecake - This was a total dud for me, which is sad since it smelled amazing on cold sniff! I melted this in my 20 watt, and I could only smell it when I put my head directly over it. Maybe it wasn't cured yet? Dunno.

Sweet Fixations: Banana Caramel Pound Cake - THIS WAS AMAZING! I need to seriously place a SF order soon. The only ones I have are from Jacqui and I only have one left now! This was such a creamy, rich banana caramel scent. SO STRONG! I melted the whole pretty tart in my 20 watt and it wafted through my entire apartment. This will be a repurchase for sure! Lasted over 8 hours.

JMae's Soaps & Candles: Peppermint Tarts - Now I know how much drama is surrounding this vendor right now, but all I care about is the wax and I LOVE this one! This is a crazy strong straight peppermint scent. One cookie was more than enough, and it lasted all throughout the night and through till the morning. Really strong and really amazing. LOVE.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
<3 Dana



4 comments:

  1. "I am really kicking myself for not stockpiling up on these Easter scents!" SERIOUSLY!!! They are so amazing, Shannon makes such amazing tarts! You had some nice melts this time around! Lemon Coconut Chiffon sounds like it would be really nice for spring/summer transition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really, really great lemon scent indeed! Shannon has the most amazing tarts!

      Delete
  2. Ahh, I love Lemonberry Crumble! and Red Velvets!

    I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately too, I'm trying to focus on melting & figuring out which scents/vendors I REALLY love & will reorder. It's hard though! Especially when there's a sale... :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm the same way, I can't resist a good sale!

      Delete