Friday, April 5, 2013

Kims Tart Candles haul #1

Hello again!

Today I have another new vendor I'm trying, Kims Tarts. I know, I know, I've heard some pretty bad reviews, but I've also been hearing some goods things as well. I really want to form my own opinion with each vendor since I'm still new to wax, and I decided to place a small order. Her tarts are really cheap ($1.50 for three.) and shipping wasn't unreasonable so I thought what the heck. My only complaint? What vendor in their right mind would STAPLE their bags shut?! COME ON. Just unprofessional to me. I had to order more larger bags on eBay, so this cold review is threw the bags since I can't reseal them right now. Not cool, Kim. Let's move along to the wax!


Satsuma (Body Shop Type): I really like satsuma orange scents! So nice and stronger then regular orange scents. On cold throw this one is really great and strong. Let's hope it melts to my liking! Really nice.

Watermelon: I'm not sure how I feel about her watermelon scent, it smells like a weird watermelon candy - not the ones I normally eat. (Weird fact: I love watermelon candy but I can't eat the fruit.) I don't dislike, I just haven't decided how I feel about it quite yet. 


Love Spell: This is one of my all-time favorite scents EVER. I used to own the whole line in every product VS carried, and I still love it to this day. I really like this version, it's pretty much dead-on. Can't wait to melt this one! My fave from this order for sure!

Serendipity: I tried to order basic scents from Kims that I knew I would like for my first time trying her out. I really like this serendipity, it's heavier on the coconut and I like the scent that way! Really nice.


Coconut Lime: This is a nice summery scent, and it's just okay to be honest. Something about it doesn't smell exactly how I'd want it to be, but I might like it a little more warm. 

Lemon Meringue Pie (freebie): Oh I really, really like this one! I love the lemon bakery in here, I can't wait to melt this! 


Hot Baked Apple Pie (freebie): I don't have any apple scents yet, so this is a really nice change of pace! Smells just like the real stuff. YUM!

Strawberry Buttercream (freebie): I don't get really any scent on this one at all. Nothing. Just a slight sweetness. Blah.

Have a great rest of your day, ladies!
<3 Dana




7 comments:

  1. I never had any luck with Kim's Tarts...but her lemon scents were really nice! I don't know if it's the bags that suck out the scent if not used immediately, but yeah...hopefully you have better luck than me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had pretty decent luck so far, I need to use more than one fluted tart at a time but he scents are pretty nice.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Her product is good but the customer service sucks. I have ordered from Tart Candles by Kim for a number of years. At first the orders came rather quickly. Then it took about a month to get the order. Now the ship time is unacceptable. I placed an order 4/1/16 and still haven't received it as of today 7/11/16. She is no longer responding to my emails & I am trying to get a refund at this point. Don't order from someone who works out of their kitchen. Order from a real company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen, I recently placed an order at the end of July and had no response at all to my e-mails! What the heck!? How are we going to get our money back?

      Delete
    2. I came here looking for someone that's had a bad experience as well. I placed an order in the middle of April and have not received anything either. She replied to one email I sent back in June, and I haven't heard anything since! Something needs to be done!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete