Sunday, June 2, 2013

Facebook Destash!

Hi there!

Today I have a Facebook destash to share with you! This was a bit of a unique destash. She was offering "blind boxes", you picked the vendors you wanted the most of, the scents you liked the most, and your price range (I picked $30 shipping included). All it all, it was pretty cool! I love most of what I got (there were a few older pieces of was that had no scent, but compared to what was great in here I'll take it!) Here's what I got, enjoy!



FussAss Mcgee:

Wind Chill: OMG this chunky tart is not only a gorgeous piece of art, it smells simply amazing! I told the seller that I am not at all a seasonal melter, so I wouldn't mind one bit fall/winter scents. This is a perfect winter one indeed! It smells just like hot chocolate! You get the mint, chocolate, and marshmallow. Sooooooo good! It's almost too pretty to melt. YUM.

Frosty Pumpkin: A really great pumpkin scent with just the hint of spice. I can never have enough pumpkin scents so I love this one.

Love Spell: This is a dead-on dupe! I loved this scent growing up, and I love it even more now in wax. I can't wait to melt this one.

Alice In Wonderful: I cannot for the life of me pin point the notes in here. Vanilla? Floral? Fruit? I just don't know. Smells good though!

Little Boy Blue: I haven't liked a blue sugar scent until now, but I really like this one! It's lighter then others I've smelled and I think that's why I like it so much.


So adorable! 


CFTKR:

Bendels Fig Type: Now I've never smelled Henri Bendel candles before, but if they smell this awesome I'll need to check them out! I was excited to see this one in the box since I had seen a fellow wax blogger post how much they loved this scent a few months back. I can't explain this scent other than if you haven't tried it you need to! Earthy and perfume-y but in a warm and not overwhelming way. 

Wood Violet & Sugar Maple: I am not AT ALL a floral person. I love lavender and it ends there. Anything I've ever smelled that's floral makes me pretty much gag. I was nervous when I first saw this one, but it may be a new favorite of mine! I was chatting with Carol on FB, and this is an old bag of tarts - but they still smell phenomenal! She still stocks this scent and I will be ordering more for sure! Nice, earthy scent. LOVE.

Banana Colada: I mean who can go wrong with this scent?! SCORE.

Thankful: A really nice blend of pumpkin pie and other bakery scents. Smells just like the pies from thanksgiving. YUM!

Harvest End: A really nice, complex blend. Carol lists about a dozen things in her scent list, but I mostly get a warm cinnamon autumn scent. I really, really like this one!


The Bathing Garden: Free Wax Tarts - These are adorable little ice cream scoop and lattice pie shapes in a scent I've never smelled from Shannon, I don't know if I really like the scents. They're more of an earthy, perfume-y note.

Yankee Candles: Coconut Bay - I know a lot of you don't like Yankee tarts, but I love them and get great results in my tea-light warmer! This one is a great coconut scent.

Tara's Candle Cottage: Bahama Pineapple Coconut Supreme - Another vendor I've never tried! This smells really great and tropical. Can't wait to melt this one!

Tara's Candle Cottage: Citrus Glazed Pumpkin Carrot Cake - This one smells great, but I'm just a little unsure about the citrus note in here.

Crazy Candle: Fairy Dust - This one is another vendor I've never heard of - this is a sweet, almost soapy scent.


Distinctly Pink

Gingerbread Applesauce: She sent me a huge bag of this so I'm glad I like it LOL! I get the gingerbread and apple scents blended in here equally. It's a true fall scent, but I can see myself melting this all year round.

Coconut Cream Marshmallow: This scent is really, really light but I wasn't surprised based on the scent being a marshmallow/coconut blend - they're both light scents themselves. I'll see when I melt it.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: This tiny little scent shot packs white the punch on cold sniff! YUM! I like this one.

Coconut Fluff: This will be a great blender!

Gooey Marshmallow: Another great blender!


HHS: Pumpkin Spice Latte - I've already melted this one and was blown away! So strong, so spicy, so yum! Next time I place on order with them, you better bet this will be in there

Bellas: Italian Bread Pudding - I have heard mixed reviews on Bella's, so it was nice to have a scent shot to try them out. This isn't a yeast-y bread scent and I actually like it. 

Bellas: Christmas Cookie - This had absolutely so scent what-so-ever. :/

Granny's: Gingerbread Cinabon - YUM YUM YUM! So spicy, so delicious! I've never really had any Granny's before, so it's nice to try it out.

Bathed Infused: I have no idea what the name of the one is, it's huge though and it smells spa-like. I don't really like those kinds of scents but I know a friend who does!

Granny's: Carrot Cake - Cracked. No Scent. At all. :/

Goose Creek: Gingerbread Crisp - Never heard of this brand before. A little light on cold sniff, but I really want to give it a shot.


Candles By Victoria: Granny's Pie Crust - YUM! This is my first CBV candle and I was so excited to see it in there! Smells really, really great! Once again, YUM!

Red Velvet Cupcake Candle: Never seen this brand before, but it smells just like red velvet cake.

B&BW: French Baguette - A nice, light scent in one of their mini's.

That's all for now!
<3 Dana


4 comments:

  1. Wow what an interesting idea for a destash!! Definitely some great scents in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that CBV candle, I'm sure it smells amazing! Also, Wood Violet & Sugar Maple SOUNDS GREAT! Fun destash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you liked the Bendels Fig. I received that in my recent CFTKR order, now I'm even more excited to melt it. I've always loved Henri Bendel candles, Quince was my favorite--that would be an excellent tart.

    ReplyDelete