Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What I've Been Melting #12

Good afternoon!

Today I'm back to show you what I've been melting lately. I melted quite a bit. We were house/dog sitting for friends who live down the street from us and since they have warmers (Yep, I got her into wax LOL!) I was melting both there and our place. I melted some pretty good stuff this week, let me show you!


TBG: Chocolate White Cake - I melted two cubes in my 20 watt light bulb warmer. This is a pretty light scent, but this amazing buttery bakery note came out that I didn't smell on cold sniff! I think I might get a strong scent and throw in one of my hot plate warmers. 

TBG: Brown Sugar Cinnamon Donuts - I am obsessed with cinnamon donut scents, and this one is GREAT! I need more of this for sure! You get the flaky, lightness of the donut scent with the perfect amount of cinnamon. I melted two cubes in my 18 watt hot plate. Pretty strong!

Scent Appeal: Peppermint Bark - I can't really speak too much to this one since I started melting it and fell asleep right after. Jeff LOVES chocolate peppermint scents so I try to melt them for him. The scent had faded by the time I woke up. I'll melt this again and let you know. :)

Tiffany Candles: VBN Scoopable - I'm trying really hard to love this. It smells AMAZING on cold throw. I love me a good VBN! I've come to the conclusion that I don't like really soft, sticky scoopables. They're annoying to work with for one, and second - the scent isn't strong, it doesn't last long, and it smells like straight up burning oil to me. I've tried melting this in my 20 watt light bulb warmer. I wish I like this more. :(


Heavenleigh Apthecary: Field Of Sweet Dreams - The moment I saw this blend of sugar cookie, lavender, and cocomilk I know I had to have it! I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. I mean it's pretty good, but not nearly as strong as I wanted it to be. Two cubes in my 18 watt hot plate had very light scent and throw. I love how it smells on cold, so I'm going to try it with my 24 watt hot plate.

Scentsationals: Sunlit Meadows - Ladies, I'd like for you to meet my new true love from Scentsationals! THIS IS AMAZING! I normally hate florals, but this one is to die for! It's fresh, clean, (almost soapy but in a great way if that makes sense!) and this is dead-on to a B&BW scent I used to love - I *think* plumeria?! Someone help me if you can! This is so good. There was only one on the shelf, and you better believe I'll be stocking up! Melted two cubes in my 24 watt hot plate, and next time I need to go with one cube. CRAZY strong scent and throw.

BH&G: Butterscotch Maple Cream - I melted two cubes in my 20 watt light bulb warmer and is was a dud. I've heard this scent is a strong one, so I'm going to chalk it up to using the wrong warmer and try melting this again on a hot plate.


Scentsationals: Candy Cane - I've been trying to find a comparable counterpart to my beloved BH&G Frosty Peppermint Snow since I can only find it on eBay for a pretty penny right now. This, however, was a major let down. Melted two cubes in my 18 watt hot plate, got nothing. Threw in a third and got something, but nothing close to FPS. I'll melt the other three just to use them up, but I'll never buy again.

TBG: Serendipity Cream Pie - I don't really need to get into detail about this since I've reviewed it a couple times before. This is my hands down favorite scent  from Shannon, and possibly one of my top five scents EVER! So amazing. Words can't express. I have three clam shells and I feel like I need more! ;P

CFTKR: Snickers Coffee Blends - I'm determined to try each and every coffee blend of Carol's! This is a really nice morning scent, I get more bakery really than coffee but it's still yum! I might like the other coffee scents I have from her better, but this is a good one! Melted in my 18 watt hot plate.

Ollie's: Pistachio Pudding Cake - I'm so sad that this cookie loaf is almost gone! This is sooooooooooo good! I love it. I would reorder if I saw Ayano restock it for sure! Really, really strong in my 24 watt hot plate. LOVE.


S&S: Apple Butter & Caramel - I got this one from Shelby in our swap and since it was dated from December I wanted to hurry up and melt it. I had texted Jeff while I was at work to pick something to throw in the warmer and he picked this one! So cute! This was CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAZY strong in my 18 watt! Lasted forever, after turned it off and worked a ten hour shift, I could still smell it! SO GOOD! I would reorder this for sure!

CBV: Banana Coconut Cream Pie Scoopable - This smelled great on cold sniff, but on cold it just didn't do it for me. I think it's because of my gripes with sticky scoopables. I cannot wait for Angie to bring back her "shavable" wax LOL! Light scent, light throw. 

SMT: Tin Roof Sundae/ Hot Fudge Sundae - Holy balls this is amazing! I got this from Jacqui in our swap as well, and this blew me away! So amazing! Strong creamy chocolate scent and it threw like crazy through my whole apartment! Strong scent. SO GOOOOOOOOOD! Melted in my 24 watt hot plate.

PP&S: Peppermint Noel - Another from Jacqui LOL! This is a great one, I melted it at bedtime. You get the perfect blend of peppermint and VBN. Melted in my 18 watt. Really relaxing bedtime scent!

S&S: Hazelnut Expresso - I gotta say, I just don't think I'm all that crazy about Shanna's coffee blends. This was okay, but nothing special to me. Really strong though, as we've all come to expect from S&S. 24 watt hot plate.

Happy Little Bee: Caramel Cafe - Smelled like wax. Just wax. DUD.

LSC: Pink Sugar Buns - What a creamy pink sugar and bakery blend! SO GOOD! You get the light fluffiness in this so well! Melted in my 24 watt hot plate. Light scent, but strong throw if you know what I mean. Really yum!


CFTKR: Strawberry Cookie - This is a classic favorite of mine from Carol! Her strawberry blends are to die for, and add her perfect cookie scent for a great blend! Melted in my 24 watt hot plate. So good! 

CFTKR: Tropical Cookie - This is one I nabbed from Jacqui's RR And holy cow this was amazing! I'm going to need this is an 8 ounce bag for SURE! Really strong, lasted on and off for two days. SOOOOOOOOO DANG GOOD!

CFTKR: Watermelon Jolly Rancher - Holy crap this is awesome. Smells just like the candy, nice and strong. If I didn't already have so many watermelon scents I'd order this for sure! In the future I will! 18 watt hot plate.

CFTKR: Fresh Picked Strawberry's - Another classic from Carol that I've reviewed before and an all time favorite! This always sells out within seconds so I'm hoarding my last three strawberry's. AMAZINGGGGGG. Best strawberry scent out there. 18 watt. 

Rosegirls: Strawberry Cereal Killer - This is a great blend, but it's REALLLLY strong on the cereal killer when melted. I ordered a bag and just got it, and that batch is stronger on the strawberry which I love. Really, really strong and lasted over nine hours!


Ollie's: Oreo - Holy ballz this is amazing! If I ever see Ayano list this, I'm all over it! I've melted one other Oreo scent from Beezy and I loved that one too! This was a little sample, but it was nice and strong! Smells just like the real thing. Melted in m 20  watt light bulb warmer. So good.

Ollie's: Keylime Serendipity -  Okay, this straight up blew me away! I need this blend from every single vendor to try! I never knew I would love this blend but I LOVE it! So strong for a little fluted tart. I cannot get over how much I love this. 18 watt hot plate.

Ollie's: Serendipity Noel - Another amazing strong one from Ayano! I love this blend a tad bit more from Carol, but this is still a good one! Melted in my 18 watt hot plate as well.

SMT: Chocolate Raspberry Truffles - This is the one I was most excited for from Jacqui's RR! HOLLLLLLLY crap this is outstanding! I have yet to order from SMT but I'll be ordering the biggest bag they have of this. There's an almost alcoholic note that comes out in this one, but I don't dislike it. Rich in scent and strong in throw! Lasted alllll day!

SGA: Serendipity Crumb Cake - Yep. Another serendipity blend that I'm going to need to start trying from other vendors! (Or order from SGA! I've yet to place an order.) You get the serendipity as the second note, but the main note is a great cinnamon crumb cake scent. Medium scent, medium throw.


HHS: Loopy Ice Cream Cake - I got this in a RR and I threw in both tarts. WOWZA that was a crazy move for me! This was STRONG! Her fruit loops scent is really great, I'll need to check out more blends for sure! Lasted anout 6 hours if I remember correctly.

Yankee: Vineyard - I know Yankee tarts get a bad rap in the wax world, but I love them. I melt them in my Yankee stone tea light warmer with Yankee tealights and I get great results! Jeff liked this one. It's a very sweet grape scent, which I love! So good! Melted in my bathroom. Still melting it now, on and off for a couple days.

TBG: Frosted Vanilla Graham Cracker - How have I gone so long without trying this?! I need to get a few clam shells of this from Shannon when my wax ban is up for sure! So strong when I threw both cubes in my 18 watt hot plate. Threw like mad!


FP: Cotton Candy Bubble Gum - This was a dud as well unfortunately. I know cotton candy can be a light scent, but I didn't get any bubblegum either.

Niki's Wax: Strawberry Monster Marshmallow - This was a nice, light strawberry scent! I melted both little cubes in my 18 watt hot plate. 

FP: Lemon Bread - This was one of those big bread loaves from Angie and DANG this was strong! Lemon Bread is one of my favorite scents from her and I'm so happy I got 2 more 4 packs of grubby's. Melted in my 24 watt hot plate.

Crabby Candle Co.: Adam & Eve - This is a blend of pink and blue sugar and I need more. SO AMAZING! Melted in my 18 watt light bulb warmer. This was so strong and lasted two nights of melting. Jeff said it smelled like waffle cone. Weird. LOL! 

Have a great Tuesday!
<3 Dana

4 comments:

  1. Great bunch of melts!! I'm glad to see you using some stuff from the RR already! Yeah, I kind of hate the sticky scoopables as well, I am not having good results with them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a melting queen. This is an impressive post sister! I was really close to getting some scoopable wax for blending but I'm backing out now..there's been too many not so favorable reviews recently. Thanks for yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked FP's shave-able wax. I have two jars.

    You melted some good scents! Love TBG's Frosted Vanila Graham Cracker. I went to try that Cinnamon Donut one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like FP's shaveable wax as well...it's actually much easier to use in my opinion.

    Glad you had good luck with Adam & Eve!

    Ollie's Keylime serendipity, HHS Loopy Ice Cream Cake and CFTKR's watermelon jolly rancher are all ones to put on my list! Great melts this time around!

    ReplyDelete