Saturday, June 15, 2013

What I've Been Melting #11

Hey there, everyone!

Today is my "get caught up on blogging, reading blogs, and watching my wax-y YouTube videos" day! My fiance had surgery yesterday (his gall bladder removed) so while he chills at home to rest, as will I! I've been melting a pretty good amount, which is great since I'm trying to get through a good chunk of my stash during this summer while on my wax ban. (I've almost failed a hundred times and I definitely caved and entered the raffles on FB for RG & SMT lots. I never win anything, so I'm sure I won't break my wax ban.) Here's what I melted the last week!


Lil' Kitchen Candles: Frosted Blueberry Biscuits - I'm sad to start melting my LKC since they're out of business, but I don't want the wax to go bad! This is the most unique blueberry scent I've ever smelled! It has a power-y sugar note to it as Jacqui put once, and a tart candy note in there as well. I like it a lot, but Jeff HATES it. I'll just melt it when he's not around. :P Melted three adorable little Hello Kitty shapes in my 18 watt hot plate, it was pretty strong and had a solid medium throw. 

CFTKR: Glazed Donuts - Such a favorite of mine! I've reviewed it before so I won't get into much detail other than to say this is such a light, relaxing scent to me!

Lasting Scent Candles: Vanilla Voo Doo - Jeff's parents stayed with us last weekend, and since his mom loves vanilla scents (I bought her a warmer and wax for Christmas - now she's addicted!) This is a really light, herbal vanilla and it was surprisingly strong in my 20 watt light bulb warmer. Lasted all day!

Niki's Wax: Lavender Coconut Milk - I got this in Tonya's RR and I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this one at first? Her lavender is a REALLY strong laundry lavender, which I normally don't like. To my shock, I think I have discovered I like lavender laundry scents! Heck, I love FP's lavender! It only melted one little square it was so strong I had to turn it off and open my bedroom door LOL! This isn't so much of a bedtime scent for me, as a cleaning day scent. I'll need to pick up CFTKR's Lavender Laundry scent sometime!

Kissing Booth: After Church: The Little Ones - *sigh* I'm so up and down with KB. I love some, and I'm "eh" about others. This is one that I had such high hopes for! The concept behind this is so cool, but I agree with Jesse on one of her YouTube videos, I wish the bottom were the fruit punch and I wish the top was the graham cracker. I melted two cubes in my 18 watt hot plate and got really almost nothing. Light scent, light throw. I really want this one to work! I'm going to try it in my 24 watt next time. 


Kims: Pink Sugar - Well, Kims - I was totally shocked by this one - I LOVED this scent! I melted two tarts in my 18 watt hot plate. It was crazy strong, I love her pink sugar scent, and it lasted FOREVER! On and off for two days! I was so shocked! I'm going to have to melt more of my Kims and see if they are great as well! I think I was melting them in my bulb warmers before, but now I really like them in my tea-light & hot plates. Color me impressed!

SMT: Campfire Treats - This is Jeff's most favorite scent I've never melted in front of him before. This time I melted the other half of my HUGE chunk from Jacqui, and both times he literally sticks his face in the warmer cause he loves it so much! This is a blend of chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallow. SO STRONG! I don't know when SMT is opening again, but I'll tell you what, I'm getting as much as I can afford! Lasted about two days on and off in my 24 watt hot plate. 

Sugar Pie Scents: Key Lime Pie - LOOOOOOOOOVE this one! OMG, one of the best KLP scents I've come across yet! This is a new to me vendor, and I picked this up in a RR. So strong, lasted for the whole night, and I'm sp impressed. Once my wax ban is over, it's time to order from Sugar Pie Scents! 18 watt hot plate. 

CFTKR: Blue Hawaiian - I finally scored a bag from my last order, which meant I could finally melt the sampled I've been hoarding! I LOVE Blue Hawaiian scents, and this cult classic is so awesome! Didn't last quite as long as I'd wanted, but I loved it and it strong. 

CFTKR: Iced Sugar Cookies - I absolutely adore Carol's cookie scents. I've been plotting my next order (I have a wish list going although I'm on a wax ban till August LOL!) This one was really nice, a little light than other cookie scents I've melted, but really great. Melted in my 24 watt.


B&BW: Coconut Leaves - So I've decided two things: a) I'm done buying candles. They are nothing to me compared to tarts & warmers. (Although I'm not ruling out B&BW's 3 wicks.) & b) I'm not going to show any candles until I melt them all the way. These little mini ones suck pretty bad to me, so I'm trying to get through them. I melted this is my bathroom. Light coconut scent. 

White Barn: Frosted Cupcake - This is another one that was just okay. I melted this in my kitchen and it had really light throw and a really, really smoky smell to it. 

B&BW: Twisted Peppermint - Now this one wasn't such a disappointment! I love peppermint and candy cane scents and this has always been a favorite. This actually filled my bathroom and I was really happy with it. I love the lotion and body products for this as well!

iheartwax: Banana Bubblegum - This was a really, really gorgeous yellow & pink chunk with glitters that I took out of a RR. THIS WAS FLIPPIN AMAZING! Soooooooo strong, and it lasted FOREVER! I get a tab more bubblegum than banana, bit it's perfect. I'll be ordering this from Audra next time I place an order for sure!

Closet Full Of Wax: Amish Friendship Bread - This is another I got from a RR. Like any new(er) vendors, they only get better with age! Michele's wax is amazing now, but some of her newer wax had really no throw or scent. I threw in both tarts and got really nothing but a faint coffee scent? 


Rose Girls: Vanilla Streusel Coffee Cake - Oh my goodness I'm in love. I only have I think two chunks left and I'll be hoarding them until I order another bag in July. I love RG's vanilla/VBN scents, and this is just fantastic! You get the creamy vanilla and the cinnamon bakery notes perfectly in here. Home run! Melted in my 24 watt hot plate and it lasted all night!

HHS: Granma's Toasted Amish - I had heard so many great things about HHS's gramna blends (they call them crack! LOL!) and now I know why! This is mouth watering! I melted two cinnamon roll shapes in my 24 watt hot plate, and these little bad boys were strong! Lasted all day and even into the next. Awesome.

Kissing Booth: Spumoni - Holy ballz this is another amazing one! This was a tiny little sample from Kelsey, and dang this thing was strong! This is a blend of pistachio, strawberry, and vanilla ice cream. I don't know if I'll be placing another KB order anytime soon, but if I did I'd want this one for sure!


Tiffany Candles: Butterscotch Drizzle - I'm sorry, but this was DISGUSTING. I mean BAD. This is her old wax, I got it in a destash. I threw it in my warmer while Jeff's parents were visiting and I think his mom just about puked. Dumped it before the tart could even melt all the way. 

S&S: Snickerdoodle Latte - This was a nice cinnamon bakery scent, but I didn't get much of a coffee/latte note to it. Still really yum, I melted it in the morning! Lasted all threw the day. I love S&S, I wish her wax was easier to obtain! 24 watt hot plate.

RG: Royal Sugar Cookie Noel - Holy cow this was so GOOD! This was a teeny lil chunk from a sampler and it was so strong! So creamy, the cookie note is so dominant! I'm so getting a bag of this when they reopen in July! SO GOOD. Melted in my 24 watt hot plate.

Closet Full Of Wax: Pumpkin Crunch Pie - I melted one of her cute lil teddy bears and I got really nice results with this.A really good spicy pumpkin scent. Lasted maybe three-four hours in my 18 watt hot plate.


Dutch Candle Co: Pink Peppermint - This one fell pretty flat for me. Pretty generic scent honestly, and I didn't get much from it. It was a light scent. Melted in my 18 watt.

Crabby Candle Co: Apple Mango Tango - Holy crapola now THIS one was crazy strong! The little square wasn't even melted all the way and the scent was pouring from my bedroom. I love takes on this Gain laundry scent, and this is a great one. 18 watt hot plate. 

Heavenleigh Apothecary: Strawberry Blackberry Bread - OOOMMMGGG! This one is almost too amazing for words. Two little bread pieces, melted together the filled my entire apartment! I'm devastated that I'm on a wax ban, cause I want need this in bulk. MASS BULK. Lasted forever, was strong, was a phenomenal scent. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.

TBG: Faerie Bonfire - This is one from Shannon that I'd been dying to try, so you can imagine my excitement when I saw this in a RR! This is a blend of leaves, vanilla, sandalwood, and brown sugar. AKA a great scent for fall! I melted this and enjoyed it, but it just didn't fit with the hot weather. I'll be saving this for the fall. Melted one cube in my 18 watt hot plate.

CFTKR: Peppermint Bark - This one is pretty self explanatory. Jeff loves chocolate peppermint scents and dang this one was STRONG! Melted in my 18 watt hot plate.

Have a great weekend!
<3 Dana 

3 comments:

  1. Also SHOCKED about the Kim's one! Wow! Insane lasting power!

    You're not the only one who hates Tiffany's Butterscotch Drizzle...YUCK. One of the few scents I absolutely hate. There's something about it that smells like curdled, nasty, laid-out-in-the-sun hot cheese. BLECK.

    Royal Sugar Cookie Noel is going on my list for next time RG opens. Yum!

    B&BW only works in 3-wicks, it's ridiculous. They shouldn't even sell the mini and small candles. It's just a waste of money!

    I am SO CLOSE to making another iheartwax order...my first one is almost gone. LOVE her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did get through a ton. Good for you! And a big get well soon to your fiance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, have you tried Sweet Fixations' Blue Hawaii? I really liked it for the first few minutes and then it went all wrong and I had to pour it out :P I've never tried Carol's version, so wondering how it might compare.

    ReplyDelete