Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Scholarly Nail's Round Robin!

Good Morning!

When my great friend Jacqui said she was have a TOP 10 RR, at first I declined since I was already doing a few RR's. The moment I did so I had major regrets and kicked myself. Lucky for me, someone had to back out and Jacqui reopened the invitation to me! I hastily said yes, and I'm so glad I did! It was a great box full of scents I'd wanted to try and I got to smell so much great wax! (And add some to my RG wish list! :p) Here's what I picked out of the box! 


LSC: Tangerine Peach Ice Tea - I love tea scents but I've learned that I am extremely picky with them. This one, however, is really great! I smell the ice tea in there so distinctly and the fresh peach scent adds such freshness! 

LSC: Carnival Cakes - This is a really light scent, but I really like it! I get mostly cotton candy in here and a little less of the cake and marshmallow notes but it's really nice! 

S&S Pink Serendipity Love Spell - I pretty much jumped for joy when I found this in the box. Three of my favorite scents in one?! I have never seen pink sugar, serendipity, and love spell all blended together before! This is seriously amazing. I wish Shannon was still doing custom blends. :(

LSC: Cinnamon Sugar Donut - I love cinnamon donut scents, and this was is AMMMMMMMMMMMAZING!!!!! I'm ordering at least three or four more in my next LSC order when they reopen! I get the distinct donut scent, the powered sugar, the cinnamon. It's freaking fantastic and to die for. I'm in love, people.

LSC: Strawberry Rock Candy - I have a couple of their rock candy scents, and I think I really, really like them! This one is pretty great! The strawberry added with their rock candy reminds me of one of those frozen fruit bars with the real fruit inside that you can buy next to the Popsicle at the grocery store. Yummy!


RG: Blue Hawaiian Smoothie - I've been really into Blue Hawaiian scents lately! This one just PERFECTION with a marshmallow smoothie scent! I'm going to be hopefully snagging a bag of this in my next order for sure! 

RG: Cotton Candy Smoothie - This is another blend that I loved! This is cotton candy with their marshmallow smoothie scent. Really sweet scent! Can't wait to melt this one!

RG: Escape To Neverland - I have no idea what exactly in this blend and it's hard to pick out the exact fruit notes! I get citrus for sure, and perhaps some berries in there as well? This is really great!

RG: Serendipity Orange Chiffon Cuppa Cake -  I was really excited to see one of their triple threat chunks in the box, and this one is a fantastic blend! I need to try more blends of orange with serendipity. I cannot WAIT to melt this one!


CFTKR: Ultimate Bear Claw - I've smelled Carol's bear claw scent before and it was really nice, but Ultimate Bear Claw is just fantastic! I cannot wait to melt this one, although I'm more than likely going to me hoarding this one until I get this in an order. ;)

CFTKR: Tropical Cookie - Another one that I'll need to order a big bag of from Carol. I get a blue Hawaiian note with sugar cookies? AMAZING!

CFTKR: Strawberry Dew - I was so excited that I got to snag another tart of this fun strawberry Mountain Dew blend since I couldn't get a bag when I last ordered. I love the fresh, fizzy note blended with Carol's amazing strawberry scent! 

SMT: Lemon Bread - If you know me, than you know how much I love lemon bread scents! I couldn't resist this adorable little toast shape, either! YUM!

SMT: Chocolate Raspberry Truffles - I'm pretty sure the moment I saw this one I jumped for joy like a little kid! Every since I read Jacqui's review on this blend I was crying myself to sleep knowing that I not only have been able order from SMT since I got into wax, but I don't know when I'll be able to. :/ This is flipping amazing, fantastic, and phenomenal all rolled up into one. Some day I'm going to need the biggest bag they sell of this! 


SGA: Caramel Butter Cookie - I haven't ordered from this vendor yet, so I was pumped to be able to snag two chunks from them! The name pretty much nails the scent on this, it has a buttery note to it for sure, but it's not too much for me as some buttery bakery notes can be. Really, really nice!

SGA: Serendipity Crumb Cake - Holy balls this is great! I have never had a blend of serendipity with a bakery note yet so not only am I excited to melt this one, but I can't wait to try this blend from any vendor, really! GENIUS! 

Victoria's Designer Creations: Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts - I only have a couple things from VDC, and since I don't think I'll ever order from her (I've heard issues about her TAT and performance.) or if I do I'll want to melt a few more things first. I love cinnamon donut scents and this one is pretty nice! It's adorable too! Too cute!


TBG: Mad Hatter's Tea Party - This is a really great and calming mint tea scent! Really, really great! Cannot wait to melt this one, nighttime melt for sure!

TBG: Secret Garden - I have no idea what's in this scent but I'm in love with it! Mint? Green apple maybe? LOL I'm not too good at this! :D Please someone tell me if they know - I'm sure I'm way off!

TBG: Parisian Strawberry Fields - Another one I jumped for joy for when I saw it in the box! I am obsessed with strawberry scents and this one is really strong! Smells like strawberry candy! Cannot WAIT to melt this one! 

TBG: Frosted Vanilla Graham Cracker - Wow, this one is great! I love graham cracker scents and this one is really strong for what it is! This was the first thing I melted out of what I took out of the box. SO strong indeed!

I hope you have a great week!
<3 Dana

2 comments:

  1. WOWZA!!!! What a bunch of great stuff. I like the concept of 10 vendors only in a RR box, that's sort of cool.

    I want to try SGA so badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iam going to make banana cotton candies at home with the kids. Cotton Candy Smoothie has a great scent. I have bought them. Everything is set. I used to order them online earlier. Now I am determined not to buy more STUFF! Blessings-hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete