Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What I've Been Melting #10

Hey there, girls!

Today I have my tenth addition already of my What I've Been Melting! I started my no buy this week, so I'll be able to start really melting through my wax collection. I decided my no buy will be up on August first. I allowed myself three orders until then: CFTKR (which I already placed), Niki's Wax, and Rosegirls. My will was tested when TBG restocked the other night - I was only able to snag three clam shells in my previous order (she wasn't taking custom orders during that time) so it was HARD! I can do this, though! I've only been into wax for a few months, so I need to get a meltin'! Here's what I melted recently :


CFTKR: Sugar Cookie and Flapjacks - Let's start off this post with an amazing melt, shall we?! This was a light bakery scent on cold throw, but it came TO LIFE when melted! SO STRONG! I was so blow away and excited! Bummer I had already placed my CFTKR order, I would have gotten an 8 ounce bag for sure! Lasted for over 5 hours in my 24 watt hot plate. AMAZING.

TBG: Lavender Apple - Another amazing melt! I melted this last night, and one cube was strong and more than enough! This is such a unique blend thart I'd never seen before, and I'm glad I took a gamble and ordered this one. You get both the sweetness/tart scent of the apple with the soothing scent of lavender. Melted one cube in my 18 watt before bedtime, and this was hella strong! 

The Scented Princess: Strawberry Serendipity scoopable - I was so excited to finally dig into this scoopable! I added this to CFTKR's Serendipity when it started to fade, and this really amped it up! This smelled amazing and pretty strong, I can't wait to melt it again on its own.

Closet Full Of Wax: Fruit Loops - This is my absolute favorite fruit loops scent from any vendor! Michele's is crazy strong and just perfection. I melted the two fluted tarts at once, and it filled my whole apartment! I love it so much you guys! I'm sad since I only have one more twin pack of tarts left to last my until my no buy. If there's two things Michele hits out of the ball park, it's fruit loops and coffee scents. 

HHS: Key Lime Pie - Now it's time for one of the duds of the bunch. I melted this for about three hours, and I got nothin'. I could smell it slightly when I put my head directly over my warmer, so all in all, I was disappointed with this one. Melted in my 24 watt hot plate.

Streetman Candle Company: Cafe au Lait Shake - I got this in my swap with Jacqui, and it's a really soothing coffee scent! I'm obsessed with all things coffee scented, and I like that this one has a nice vanilla tone to it. I'm actually melting this right now, and I get a nice medium/strong throw. Yum!


CFTKR: Serendipity - Carol does serendipity to perfection. Seriously. Perfection. I got this in my sampler a couple orders back, and sometimes serendipity is just so great on its own! I love that her's isn't too overpowering on either the cherry or coconut- the notes are equal! Medium/strong throw in my 24 watt.

CFTKR: Ultimate Serendipity - I was so excited to finally melt this one since I scored an 8 ounce bag in my current order from Carol! (Should be here tomorrow! YAY!) This is Carol's serendipity mixed with her ultimate bakery. This was had a STRONG throw, strong then her serendipity on its own. LOVE this one and can't wait until my big bag gets here!

Front Porch: Pineapple Lime Cake - Holy freaking cow, this is another home run! SO STRONG in my 18 watt hot plate, it drifted all the way from my bedroom into my whole apartment that I turned off what I was melting in my living room! The scent for this one was to die for! Another from my swap from Jacqui, you get the lime as the first note, and the pineapple follows closely behind. I'm done ordering from Angie for the summer, but this will be one I'll order for sure!

SMT: Pink Lavender Sticky Mallow - This one was just okay, the pink sugar note is very, very light and the lavender is very almost bland. I don't get much sweetness of the marshmallow either? I still have one chunk left, so I'm thinking of blending it with a sweet bakery scent next time. 18 watt hot plate.

Little Kitchen Candles: Carnival - I had gotten this in a RR, I took four little hearts out of a big bag. I think it's supposed to be a blend of cotton candy, funnel cake, and candy apple. This was great on cold, and GROSS when melted! I got nothing warm that I smelled cold and all I got was GRAPE! Yep, GRAPE! Dumped it after about two hours.

Niki's Wax: Green Apple Wow!! - Okay, let me just say that I'm in love with this scent. So much so, that I asked Tonya to PRETTY PLEASE remake this for her restock and she said yes! This came in a chunky muffin (think Front Porch) and it was beautiful! The chunks were green (green apple), blue (cotton candy), and I think the white over pour is marshmallow? Tonya said she had to check her notes. :P I melted half the chunk at first, it lasted STRONG for about 5 hours, and I added the other half in my 24 watt hot plate. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. 

SMT: Caramel Sticky Buns Latte - Another amazing home run! This is from Jacqui as well, and OMG is this a perfect Dana scent! I get weak in the knees for anything coffee scented, and this one is almost too amazing for words! I wasn't into wax yet the last time SMT was taking orders, but you better bet I'm ordering a dozen bags of this when I get the chance! The little sticky bun shape with the frosting glaze is too cute, and this little guy was crazy strong! 


Lasting Scent Candles: Pink Ocean Air - I melted this one because it was SO oily! It was actually leaking out of the scent shot! I got this is my pink sampler, and this is a blend of pink sugar and some type of perfume type that I just can't put my finger on! I honestly didn't really enjoy this one very much. It smelled really odd warmed and I don't like really perfume-y scents. Ah well, worth the shot!

Shay'z Scents: Zucchini Pralines - I've finally admitted to myself that I cannot stand praline scents. This smell okay on cold throw, but I hated it when melting! Jeff loved this scent, so I let it melt for a little while but I couldn't take it. One plus? This was my first time melting anything from Shay'z and this was crazy strong in my 24 watt hot plate!

Scentsationals: Hanalei Bay - Jacqui brought this back to me from a trip to Florida - which is great since I've yet to see these summer LE's pop up! Hanalei Bay is a great coconut scent that I actually enjoyed melting it on its own! I melted two cubes in my 18 watt hot plate. So good!

Front Porch: Sweet Lavender Peppermint - I've reviewed this before, so I won't get too into it other then to say it's one of my favorite bedtime scents!

Front Porch: Party Punch - This is such a yummy scent, smells just like Hawaiian Punch! The little grubby was nice and strong in my 18 watt hot plate, and throw was great! 


Rosegirls: Monster Cookie Noel - This was a little too light for my taste, and I melted a pretty big chunk in my 24 watt hot plate. I'm going to chalk this up to my allergies, and try to melt this one again. I'll do another review when I do.

OLC: Blueberry Zinger - On cold sniff this had a strange artificial wax-y smell, and on warm throw I don't think I was very impressed as well. Your typical blueberry scent, but it was pretty strong and the wax-y smell did go away when melting. Did I mention how HUGE these tarts are?! 

TBG: Vintage Circus - I've always loved winter candy apple scents, and that exactly what you smell when melting - although there's supposed to be cotton candy as well. Melted two cubes in my 18 watt hot plate, and the throw was light/medium. I'm going to try it in my 24 watt next time.


FussAss McGee: Alice In Wonderful - I have no idea what's actually in this, but I get a minty, sweet floral? Either way, I loved it! Melted in my 18 watt hot plate, and the scent throw as medium. Really nice!

Granny's Kountry Candles: Vampire's Kiss - I got this in my swap with Shelby, and I got nothing from this one. It smelled so amazing on cold sniff too so I was sad! Maybe it's because it came in the foil wrapper? Melted in my 18 watt hot plate, and I could barely smell this berry scent even sticking my head right over the warmer.

iheartwax: Lemon Berry Fizz - I still can't make up my mind on this one. I have a four pack of grubbies AND two more from Jacqui but there's something about this scent I just can't make up my mind about. It has an almost sour note to it maybe? I'm going to try melting it again and see.

Front Porch: Lemon Ice Cream Scoop Bread - I have a new found love affair with Angie's lemon bread blends. They're crazy amazing, so strong, and something I'm in the mood to melt at any time! These are in her ice cream scoop shapes, so cute! REALLY, REALLY strong in my 24 watt hot plate.

Sweet Fixations: Red Velvet Cake - When I order from this vendor one day, I'll be getting a couple of these for sure! Jeff LOVED this one so much and he rarely says that! This was such an amazing RVC scent, I get smell the cream cheese in there so distinctly! Really, really strong in my 18 watt hot plate, it lasted on and off for over two days. Color my impressed.

iheartwax: Pink Marshmallow Fruit Loops - This is another once I've reviewed once before, so I won't get into it other than to say I still wish this would have been stronger.

Cupcake Candles: Lemon Peppermint Cookie Birthday Cake - This is another blend I came up with on my own - and may I say I did just great?! Their wax is SO STRONG! I have one more order pending with them right now, and I can't wait! This is a great blend, and the peppermint made it a perfect bedtime scent. I melted this for THREE nights! THREE! LOVE!

Have a great week, all!
<3 Dana





2 comments:

  1. Where did you get your 18W warmer?

    You Strawberry Serendipity scoopable sounds awesome, Dawn makes great serendipity blends! Scentsationals Hanalei Bay sounds like something I might have to track down!

    Has Cupcake Candles changed their bags? I remember when I got one of my boxes, the bags were the ones that suck out the scent from wax!

    Great melts, Dana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT melts and reviews :) OMG I want to try so many of them--Strawberry Serendipity, Lavender Apple, Lime Pineapple Cake, Monster Cookie Noel... yum!

    ReplyDelete