Thursday, July 4, 2013

What I've Been Melting #13

Happy Fourth Of July!

I haven't had much time for blogging lately, I have so many hauls that I've snapped pics of and just haven't had time to type them up yet. I've also gotten crazy into beauty products and empties videos. For my Fourth Of July gift to myself, I'm going to have breakfast in bed, take a bubble bath, and veg out in front of the TV with Netflix and my full DVR. I hope you all have a fun day planned as well!

Today I have more melts to share than usual, I try and do these posts about once a week, but this is more like almost two weeks worth I think. So grab a drink, I have a lot to share! :)



Jmae's: Lemon Poppyseed - Wasn't really a fan of this one, but I don't think I used the correct warmer. I only had my 20 watt light bulb warmer free and I melted one little donut. Didn't get much from this at all, but I love it on cold sniff so I'll give it another whirl.

TBG: Cheshire Cat - HOLY HELLLLLLLLLL this is a new favorite of mine for SURE! This is so amazing. AMAZZZZING. Lemon on the bottom, and a fresh ripe raspberry on top. I've died and gone to The Bathing Garden heaven. Melted two cubes in my 24 watt hot plate and this was so strong! I don't think it lasted that long, but that's what I get for using a 24 watt. I need about six back-ups of this when my wax ban is over!

Kims: Satsuma - I melted one fluted tart in my tea-light warmer in my bathroom like I do with most of my Kims. This was really strong, but I do not like satsuma on it's own. Too strong for my nose, I need something like strawberry in the mix.

Kims: Lemon Sugar - I have an entire drawer dedicated to my obsession of lemon scents. I love them so much! This, however, just didn't do it for me. Melted one fluted tart in my tea-light in the bathroom and got next to nothing. 

CFTKR: Cocomilk - I adore this one on cold sniff, but on warm it was a light scent with a light throw. I think I'm going to try and blend this one, because the scent itself is really nice.

Front Porch: Serendipity Bubblegum - This is a blend I've come to love from more than one vendor! It's so dang GOOD! I melted one little donut in my 18 watt hot plate and it was pretty nice. I don't like iheartwax's more. 


Ten Digit Creations: Lemon Poppyseed Cake - This one was a fail but no one's fault but my own. I forgot that TDG is best in a tea-light warmer, but I melted it in my 18 watt hot plate and got a light/medium scent and little throw. I'll try it again for sure! 

LKC: Marshmallow Fruit Loops Sugar Cookie Dough Bread - This was one of the best things I've melted all week! I melted I'd say about 1/3 of this cookie and it BLEW ME AWAY it was so strong! I could taste it LOL! Smells so amazing, I just had to turn it off for a little bit. I'm so impressed, I just wish they weren't closed. :(

BH&G: Orange Buttercream Cupcake - How on earth did I go so long without this scent in my life?! It's absolutely awesome! I melted just one cube in my 20 watt light bulb warmer and I was so strong! It smells more like fruit loops to me, but It's perfect! Love!

Kissing Booth: Lime Jello Cake - I have two clam-shells of this one. One I got in my swap Jacqui (this one) and another that I ordered in the last few months. Now I know she used to have quality issues (and I think this is when Jacqui bought this one maybe? It wasn't a very full clam-shell) but I really do lover her wax. That being said, I melted two cubes. Nothing. Melted two more. Very light scent. Threw in the last two and got a medium scent throw. I loved this scent and it smelled great - just after the whole clam-shell melted. Nice smooth lime scent. 24 watt hot plate.


Scentsationals: Oatmeal Cookie - I finally found this random clam-shell at Walmart and jumped for joy! It's so good! I melted two cubes in my 18 watt hot plate and MAN I would have been just fine with just one! Nice spicy bakery scent and STRONG! Lasted a while as well. 

TBG: Jack Frost - I've reviewed this one before. Really great vanilla peppermint scent. Love at bedtime!

Whoops! Didn't mean to take a snap shot of Lime Jello Cake again ;P

LKC: Serendipity Cotton Candy - I wish this would have been stronger, I threw in 4 or 5 little heart shapes, but it was just a light-medium throw and scent. I think the cotton candy may had toned it down a bit too much? Still a good scent! 18 watt hot plate.


Kims: Caramel Apple Cheesecake - Now this is a Kims scent to write home about! This is SUCH A great scent! You get the caramel and the apple in there so perfect together. I LOVED this one! Melted one little fluted tart in my bathroom with my tea-light burner. 

RG: Cranberry Marm./Orange Revival/Celtic Moonspice - Holy crap this is a spicy, strong one! I melted about 1/3 of this muffin that I got in a RR, but I'll be saving the rest for the warmer Fall months. REALLY strong and warm smelling. Melted in my 24 watt hot plate.

BH&G: Sugared Melon Kiwi - Another favorite BH&G scent! I know I've reviewed this one before, but I just had to say again how much I love it!

TBG: Strawberry Cheesecake - This is another example of me using the wrong warmer. Melted two cubes in my 24 watt hot plate and it burned the scent out right away.


CFoW: Downey Lavender Vanilla - This was just fantastic! I've learned that I adore lavender laundry scents! The scent was on the lighter side, but it threw really well. I can see myself ordering this again for sure! Nice and relaxing.

JMae's: Grape - Nice, simple, juicy grape scent. Melted in my bathroom in my tea-light warmer. Medium scent.

Happy Little Bee: Grape Koolaid - This little guy was so strong! I melted it in my 18 watt hot plate and it threw like crazy! I hope her shop reopens soon!

Crabby Candle Co: Sweet Potato Pie - This is one that Jeffrey picked out of John's RR box. I thought the scent was just okay. Could have used a bit more spiciness. 18 watt hot plate.

Dutch Candle Co: Butt Naked - Not too crazy about this scent. Medium scent throw. Pretty generic to my nose. 

Orchid Lake Candles & Soaps: 7 Up Pound Cake - Holy cow this one is awesome! It took all my will power not to order from OLC during their sale today, but when my wax ban is up I'd love to get more of this scent! Medium/strong scent throw. 24 watt hot plate. 

Nene's Kitchen Melts: Cap'n Crunch Berries - This is a definite favorite of all of these melts. I cannot express how amazing this lil guy from Jacqui is! It is the PERFECT Crunch Berries scent! Dead on, realistic, strong as can be, and lasted forever. I need about a hundred more. 18 watt hot plate.

Sugar & Spice: Pink Serendipity Love Spell - I snagged this one from Jacqui's RR and man this was GREAT! Three scents I love all rolled up into one! Strong, lasted long, and was heaven to my nose. LOVE!

Crabby Candle Co: Zucchini Claws - Another one I've reviewed before, but it's one of my favorite scents from John. Jeff said it smelled like popcorn LOL!


VDC: Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts - Another one snagged from Jacqui's RR. This was the cutest little donut ever! Melted in my 18 watt hot plate. It was honestly an okay cinnamon scent, but it was nice and strong! Lasted a long time as well!

FP: Iced Cinnamon Rolls - This was one spicy cinnamon scent indeed! I really enjoyed this one a lot, melted it in my 24 watt hot plate. Really strong. 

FP: Black Raspberry Coffee Cake - I melted this one in my 18 watt hot plate, and as amazing as it was in the beginning, it fizzled out pretty fast. Juicy raspberry scent though!

Yankee Candles: Sugared Apple - This one had a rip in the wrapper, but I melted it anyway. Pretty much all the scent was gone. Ah well.

PP&S: Pink Punch - This one was awesome! You get the tart fruit from the punch with the pink sugar. I get a little more pink sugar, but it's a GREAT scent! Loved this one! 

PP&S: Lime Cooler - This one, however, I'm sorry but I hated it. It smelled amazing on cold throw, but when melting it had this weird perfume-y soap-y smell and I had to dump it even before it melted all the way. 

FP: Pink Peppermint - Once my wax ban is up, I'm going to need to snag this in either a loaf or a scoopable. So dang good. I know this is a favorite of Kirby. Nighttime melt perfection.


CFTKR: Hawaiian Rainbow Cake - I'm so glad I have another sample of this one because I LOVE it! A nice, sweet bakery scent. I added this to my Carol wish list. ;) 24 watt hot plate. 

CFTKR: Strawberry Shake - I'm so glad I just got a bag of this in the mail! So good! nice and creamy take on Carol's famous strawberry scent. Melted in my 18 watt hot plate. LOVED.

CFTKR: Strawberry Dew - Another new-found favorite I have of Carol's! This is a blend of strawberry and Mountain Dew - a fresh, fizzy scent! Pretty strong, but it did fizzle out pretty fast. I'll try it in my 18 watt hot plate next time, I melted this is my 24 watt.

CFTKR: Glazed Sweet Bread -  Another one from Nancy's RR. This one was surprisingly a very spicy bakery scent! I don't know if I'd buy it, but it was really nice! 24 watt hot plate.

CFTKR: Creme Brulee Party Cake - I'm so glad I found another sample in my bakery drawer! This is a really great creme brulee scent indeed! I can see myself buying more for sure!

LKC: Pink Sugar Cheesecake - Shelby sent these to me, and I melted all four little hearts. I got a really light if non-resistant scent throw. 


RG: Blue Hawaiian Smoothie - This is a new favorite from RG for me! Actually all Blue Hawaiian scents are my current favorites! I'm ordering a bag in my next order for sure! Melted in my 24 watt hot plate.

RG: Blackberry Mocha Cookie - This one smelled amazing on cold sniff but I wasn't a fan when melting. The blackberry scent turned syrup-y and I didn't like it. 24 watt hot plate.

SMT: Serendipity/Blackberry Fizz - I got this in an RR and it's FLIPPING AMAZZZZZZZZZZING! So so so strong, I get mostly serendipity but it lasted forever! I'd love to get my hands on more one day! <3 LOVE!

RG: Soothing Lavender Dreams - This is a great one! I think this is a blend of zucchini bread, lavender, and maybe marshmallow? It was a fantastic bedtime scent! I can see myself ordering more for sure. Melted in my 24 watt hot plate. 


TDC: Malibu Rum Cupcake - Really light scent, I melted it in my tea-light warmer. It really didn't do much for me, honestly. It was alright. Nothing memorable.

TSP: Blonde Moment - YES! I love the Scent Blonde Moment, I have it from quite a number of vendors. I melted all four little tiki/flower shapes and they did great in my 18 watt hot plate!

BSF: Watermelon Jolly Rancher - This was a teeniest little tart and it was hella strong in my 20 watt light bulb warmer AND it lasted on and off for two days! I love the shimmer swimming within the wax when it was melting too!

LCP: Mango Lime Smoothie - Here's the thing: I'm just not a huge LCP fan. I've melted quite a few things from them, and nothing wows me. Not the scents, the throw, not really anything. I don't hate anything, I just don't get much from them. 18 watt hot plate.

Coexist Candle Co: Butter Brickle Toasted Marshmallow - This was a cute little chunk, and I really liked it! The scent itself was light, but it threw well and lasted all day.

Have a safe 4th!
<3 Dana

3 comments:

  1. I hope your fourth was as fabulous as it sounds! What a great collection of melts--so glad to hear you liked the BHG orange buttercream cupcake--I just picked that up the other night.
    So many good reviews in this post, love it.
    Have a great weekend Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLUE HAWAIIAN SMOOTHIE IS LOVE!!

    Also, TBG: Jack Frost is another amazing scent. Sounds like you melted some winners this time around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bunch of melts you had this time around! I always love seeing stuff that you've gotten from me in your reviews! Bummer that the Lime Jello Cake one didn't do it for you, maybe I've just gotten bad batches from Kissing Booth and that's why they never work for me. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete