Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wax free Thursday - No Buy July - Use It Up! with Jesse AKA ElleLitJP and my beauty empties!

Good evening, ladies!

I'm trying out something new here are my lil' wax blog - Wax Free Thursday! I am a passionate person with loads and loads of hobbies, wax is just the tip of the ice burg! I have recently resparked my obsession with all things beauty related. I've been OBSESSED since I was a teenager and would save up my allowance to get Hard Candy cosmetics at Sephora (I'm talking HC's glory days, ladies!) and when Bonne Bell had an amazing line of strawberry scented bath and body products. Add the fact that I've been working at CVS since I was 17, and that makes for one heck of a beauty addiction indeed! 

I've recently gotten absolutely ADDICTED as well to YouTube beauty videos, and some of my favorite to watch are from fellow wax lover and an awesome chick, Jesse AKA ElleLitJP. I love her videos so much, she's the start to my empties video obsession! She posted on her recent video that she was starting a No Buy July - Use It Up! and wanted to know if anyone wanted to join her. Of course I said I would! I recently GUTTED my linen closet that was once jammed with make up/beauty products that just weren't getting used up. I'm a hoarder of free samples so I've been using those up and I gave my friend bags and bags of things I knew I'd never use. I've already really been doing the Use It Up! part of this, but I need to cut back on the buying. (YouTube beauty guru's always talk me into buying new and amazing things!) The items in the next four pictures are either items I want to use the rest of or items I need to decide if I want to use anymore at all. If I don't like it and won't use it - away it must go! Here's what I have to get through - 

No Buy July - Use It Up!



L'Oreal: Colour Juice lip glosses - These used to by my favorite lip glosses and now I'm just scratching my head as to why. These were the drug store version of Lancome Juicy Tubes. The colors are awesome but they are SOOOOO STICKY! I think I'll be getting rid of them all, but I want to see if there's any worth hanging on to.

L'Oreal HIP Studio Secrets eye shadows - These are pretty old, and as sparkly and pigmented as they are, I remember that they got all over my face throughout the day. I'm going to try them with an eye shadow primer, but if I get the same result I'll get em the boot!

Stila brown eyeliner - This came with my nude eye shadow pallet from them and since I only wear black eyeliner this has sat completely unused. Time to try it out or let it go!

Perfume samples: Like I said, I'm addicted to getting free samples and then hoarding them. I need to try and get through all these! ;)


Bath And Body Works mini lotions - I've had notoriously dry skin my entire life, so as a result I have an unhealthy addiction to all things moisturizers! B&BW lotions and body creams and have always been a favorite, so to narrow these down I decided to try and get through the mini's that were at least half full. I have so much lotion it's embarrassing. :P

CVS Night Firming Cream - This is CVS's version of an Olay cream, and I'm not crazy about it, not very hydrating. I'll try using it a few more times and maybe let it go.


Lush robot bath bomb: I'm not big on bath taking, and this little guy has been taking up space for too long, time to get to fizzin'!

Beezy Soaps: Snake Bite - This is a nice, masculine scent that I even like that was a free samples with an order. Jeff will love this one!

Lavender body scrub and bubble bath: I got these in a gift basket a few years back when I was a brides made. They smell really good, and it's time to use them up! 

B&BW: Secret Wonderland mini shower gel: This lil guy is about half full, so this'll be an easy one!


Clear Care conditioner: I bought this when I had a REALLY sunburned scalp after a day at the beach. I think I liked it, so time to use the rest!

Aveda: Phomollient - I bought this from the salon I used to get my hair cut at, and it smells great and I think I used to really like it! About 75% left.

Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Spray - Bought this on clearance and have yet to touch it!

It's a 10! miracle leave in spray: Got this as a freebie at Ulta a long time ago and only used it once. I'm using it again already and I LOVE it!


Empties (I went through a crazy amount of samples, so I only did highlights for this post.) 


Dove Go Fresh Deodorant: This whole line of deodorants is a favorite of mine, and I always switch it up with a different scent. Rebuy? Always. 

Bic Soleil Bella razors: I got these since they were on sale at Walmart, and what a fool I was. WORST RAZORS EVER. They didn't work well at all and gave my razor burn. I'm going back to Venus and never looking back again. Rebuy? Never.

V05 Moisture Milks passion fruit smoothie shampoo: I've been a huge fan of V05's moisture milk shampoos forever and I love them so much. The strawberry one is amazing! Rebuy? Always.

Pure Silk Cherry Blossom Shave Cream: I bought this same cream when I bought the awful razors. Didn't work one bit as well as others I've tried. Rebuy? Nope.


Highlights

Neutrogena makeup remover wipes -  I've been using these forever and ever! I've been breaking the mold though, and tried the Up and Up brand that Jesse recommended! They're really great and half the price. These work crazy good though as well! I might go back one day. Rebuy? Why not!

Covergirl invisible concealer in light - One of the best under eye concealers I've tried! I have always had dark circles and this hides them well. Rebuy? Always!

Lush: Hippy Chick bath bomb - This was a really cute chick shaped Easter LE from lush! Smelled really young and fizzed up well! 

L'Oreal Colour Juice lipstick in Strawberry Fields - This remains to this day my favorite lipstick EVER. I'm so sad it's been long discontinued. I always stalk eBay for more! ;) So pink, sparkly, smooth, and it tastes delicious! 


Highlights

Origins: GinZing face cream - This smells amazing and works so good! I bet this is a little pricey, but I'd concider purchasing it for sure!

Nexxus shampoo & conditioner samples: I'm now a huge Nexxus fan thanks to these! SO GOOD! My hair was so soft after and the shampoo smells like bananas! After I'm done with the bottles I have, I am seriously thinking about snagging some.

Scrubtasticly Sinful Raspberry Summer soap - Danielle's soaps are seriously to die for. Rich lather, strong scent, and this one smelled so juicy! LOVE!

Seventh Generation: Lavender Moisturizing Lotion - This was a sample from target.com and this lotion was amazing! Smelled so soothing and worked really well. They also sent a coupon as well. 

I hope you all enjoyed this change of pace! 
<3 Dana

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to see this post! I love Clear shampoos and conditioners, but I find that they are a little too intense for my scalp. I wash my hair everyday (as bad as that is...) so I had to switch it up with another brand to keep my scalp from getting itchy. I'm curious about the Garnier Triple Nutrition spray! I have some It's a 10 under my sink that I think I'm going to use up next (after I finish my John Frieda Frizz Ease serum); a friend of mine gave it to me, so it's already about half gone. I really want to try Origins GinZing, but I'm scared! I had their A Perfect World moisturizer and it broke me out :/ Maybe a Sephora sample is in order?? Good luck using up your stuff--can't wait for more empties posts from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beauty/perfumes as well as wax too! Great series! I look forward to seeing more. I used to have lots of unused BBW lotions and sprays people had bought me over the years. BBW let me trade them in for ones I would actually use (mostly shower gel and bubble bath is what I love from them). So my BBW stockpile is down to one lone bubble bath now. Congrats on all the empties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Dove Go Fresh Deodorant is my favorite, too! It's so good! Perfume samples are the best, non-committal commitment, lol! Plus, you can try things you'd normally never buy. Nice empties, too! Keep making these posts! :)

    ReplyDelete