Sunday, August 18, 2013

What I've Been Melting #16

Hello again! 

I wanted to try and squeez in my melts for the past week in between wedding planning and working. This won't be my typical melting post, I think I'm going to starting just doing highlights of my melts - it's just too hard to review wax in depth and it becomes taxing. I want to enjoy blogging, not find it chore-like. Here's what I melted!


COMBO: RG Monster Cookie Noel & ICSB Tester - I LOVE RG's ICSB tester that they sent and it was fantastic with their Monster Cookie Noel scent. Loved this combo so much!

COMBO: Vanilla Streusel Coffee Cake & Scentsationals Coffee Cake Swirl - I was aiming for a nice, strong coffee cake scent and I got it! YUM!


RG: Apple Puff Pumpkin Pie - I've been getting crazy into Fall scents lately, and this is just amazing! I was a little unsure about it on cold sniff, but melted it was a warm and comfy scents.

RG: Cereal Killer Cuppa Cake - STRONG. FRUIT LOOPS. SCENT. LOVE.

Front Porch: Lemon Ice Cream Scoop Bread - I've reviewed this before, and I love it as I do all FP lemon bakery scents. So strong!


COMBO: Front Porch Pink Wildberries & RG Pistachio Dream Cake - The tester for RG's Pistachio Cream Cake was too light, so I added the FP grubby. It was overall a light, sweet scent but I liked it in our bedroom.

COMBO: LKC Birthday Fruit Loops & Ollie's Pink Vanilla Butter Fudge - LKC's scent is one of the strongest IMO, and I think I dulled it down way too much adding the Ollie's chunk. Kind of a bummer, but it was a nice, light scent.


CFTKR: Jelly Filled Zucchini Donuts - HOLY HELL. I'd love for you to meet one of my new all-time favorite scents. EVER. I can't explain how amazing this is, other than you get Carol's amazing jelly donut scent with the nice spiciness of her zucchini bread. I NEED ONE HUNDRED MORE BAGS.

Ollie's: Brandied Pear - I don't think I'm a pear scent kinda gall. I dumped this after only a few hours. 

COMBO: TDC Lavender & Vanilla Shake - TDC's herbal lavender is my absolute favorite out there. Aaaaaaaaand it's discontinued. Such a freaking bummer. I've been hoarding it for that reason. I melted one half tart of each, and it's a perfect blend. AMAZING.


COMBO: Niki's Wax Lavender Coconut Milk & UTC VBN - As much as I like Niki's lavender, sometimes it's a little too laundry-esque for me. The little VBN pieces of brittle did help, but in the end toned it down just a little too much. Still a really relaxing blend!

COMBO: Kitty Cat Wax Brownie Brownie Batter & LCP Strawberry Patch - I know I'm coming off in the way that all of my combos were duds, but they kinda were the last week. I don't know what was up with that! This one I got NO THROW from either scents. At all. DUUUUUD.




Mainstays Pumpkin Spice candle - I'm trying to use up all the candles in my apartment and be done with  them. This candles smelled really good, but I think since it's a few years old and a Walmart candle, it melted awful. I gave up on it.

LKC: Serendipity Cotton Candy - I melt four little hearts of this at a time, and I really love this scent! Medium scent throw, I definitely want to order this from another vendor for sure!

CFTKR: Blackberry Jame Butter Cookie - This is quickly becoming a favorite scent of mine! SO GOOD! I normally don't like blackberry scents since they can smell really syrup-y to me, but this one doesn't. YUM!


Starlight Chandling: Bubbling Eyeball Slime Punch - I threw this into my tea light warmer just for the heck of it and it was okay. Prolly the wrong warmer. I hope I get good throw from this vendor since I have so many tarts!

Skinny Dip Soaps: Fruit Loops- Nice fruit loops scent, pretty strong.

PP&S: Creamy Banana Zucchini Bread - OHHHHH MYYYY GAWDDDD! This was freaking amazing! It smelled like a peanut butter and banana sandwich  Lasted forever - on and off for two days! LOOOOOOOOVE!

S&S: Ghost Munch - This is a blend of candy apple and ZB, and holy hell I only needed a half of this scent shot! This smells amazing, but it almost choked me it was strong in my 24 watt hot plate. I had to keep turning it off! Either way, amazing scent, I just need to melt less next time.

COMBO: CFTKR: Rainbow Cotton Candy & Scentsationals Strawberries and Cream - A nice, sweet blend. Smelled like pink Starbursts. :)

TBG: Coconut Candy Apple - I threw two cubes into my 20 watt light bulb warmer and it really didn't perform very well. I'll try it again in another warmer, I love winter candy apple scents!

Ava's Country Cupboard: Grandma's Kitchen - This was a nice, spicy scent, but something about it just hit my nose wrong. The spice smelled weird? Not a huge fan.


RG: Sweet Lemon Confection/Pink Sugar/Pink Lady - THIS WAS SO AMAZING! AND STRONG! The only downfall? I couldn't order this exact scent in the last opening since they don't have Pink Lady anymore. :( This is just so amazing, I hope I can order this exact blend again one day!

FP: Lemon Marshmallow Cupcakes - I love any and all lemon bakery scents from Angie, and this is no exception! So yummy! 

Sniff My Tarts: Cotton Candy Bliss - Most cotton candy scents are crazy light, but this one was so strong! I loved this one! Melted both little squares together.

CFTKR: Gooey Chewy Kettle Corn - You know me and my kettle corn/candy corn scents! YUM!

RG: Blackberry Streuselkuchen - I wasn't sure I was going to like this one, but I ended up liking it! After a while it did get that syrup-y note,but until then I really liked it. 

Have a great day!
<3 Dana




2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I agree, blogging should not be a chore. :) Ghost Munch is super strong. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blending Streuselkuchen & Coffee Cake Swirl = GENIUS. I have a muffin in Jelly Filled ZB from CFTKR but I refuse to melt it until I have back up...it's frustrating when all the good scents get snagged up so quick once she reopens. But one day it shall be miiiine. Wonderful reviews :)

    ReplyDelete