Saturday, August 3, 2013

What I've Been Melting #15

Hello again!

I hope your weekend is going swimmingly, I'm working allllll weekend so not too much going on here! Here's what I've been melting lately. This is more like two weeks work of melting, my parents came to visit and my mom's allergic to perfume scents so I didn't melt for a week. Sometimes I think it's good to give your nose a rest anyhow! Here's what's been melting in my apartment!


CFTKR: Strawberry Milk - I melted quite a few things that I've already reviewed for you before, and this is one of them. Carol's amazing strawberry scent with a great milk scent. Calming and sweet. Love! 18 watt hot plate.

CFTKR: Sugar Milk & Cookie - This is an all-time favorite scent of Carol's for me! I love Carol's milk scent, and mixed with her great sugar cookie scent it's a home run! This is one of my go-to comfort scents. 24 watt hot plate.

Up The Creek: Peppermint Mallow Serendipity Bread - I hate saying this, but I just don't have any luck with UTC. Her scoopable gave me no throw or scent and this one was very, very light. One of those vendors that just doesn't do it for me. I love this scent on cold sniff - so I'm going to give it one more shot in my 24 watt hot plate. Melted in my 18 watt. 


Niki's Wax: Spring Fling - This is a great blend of guava and lime and holllllllly hell it's amazing! Juicy, strong, and amazzzzzing! I melted two little cubes in my 18 watt hot plate and it wafted through into the hallway, bathroom, and spare bedroom. I'll be hoarding the rest of this bag for sure!

TBG: Raspberry Hearts - I've reviewed this a few times, but this scent really never gets old! I'm SUPER picky with raspberry scents, and this one is my favorite. I always smell an almost bakery note in there I love. Two cubes is perfect for scent throw. 24 watt hot plate.

Scentsationals: Lemon Chiffon - I have I think five clam shells of this LOL! They always seem to be out at my Walmart so the one day that they stocked more I stocked UP! I love this scent so much, it's a classic for me - and one cube is all you need! Hella strong! Always a favorite. Melted in my 20 watt light bulb warmer.


BLEND: Scentsationals Oatmeal Cookie with CFTKR: Iced Sugar Cookie - Oh hot damn do I love this blend! Both scents have a spicy cookie note to it, and together they're a nice, strong bakery scent. I think Oatmeal Cookie is discontinued which makes me crazy sad since I wish I had more. Melted in my 18 watt hot plate.

Front Porch: Pink Lemonade - I've had this sitting in my stash forever, and I don't know why I took so long to melt this! I love the pink with the lemon scent, and this is a new favorite blend from Angie! You get the tart lemonade scent with a great pink sugar scent. LOVE! 18 watt hot plate.


CFTKR: Frozen Margarita - This doesn't smell like a margarita to me, but it's still a great, fresh lime scent. Medium/strong throw in my 24 watt hot plate. 

TBG: Strawberry Cheesecake - I don't know why, but this scent just doesn't do it for me. I've tried melting it before, and the strawberry scent to me is just almost too artificial. I have a whole other clamshell of this so I'm hoping I can try and blend this to get it to my liking. 18 watt hot plate.

TBG: Lemon Cheesecake - Okay, now this one is a home run from Shannon! I now know what all the hype is about! Such a nice, strong lemon scent with not too much bakery, but I do like the slight creaminess of the cheesecake. I'm so glad I have a whole other clamshell! 24 watt hot plate.

Heavenleigh Apothecary: Tea Party! - EW. I know you grow in and out of scents, and I used to LOVE all tea scents. Now I can't stand them. This smelled almost sour to me. DID NOT LIKE. Funny part? Jeff really liked it though! I'm not going to get rid of all of my tea scents, but I'm not melting any more for now. 18 watt hot plate.


Beezy Tarts: Mountain Dew - This is the second Mountain Dew scent I've tried and now I officially say I just don't like them. I've tried this from Beezy and FP's. There's this weird scent to it that I just don't like. Melted in my 24 watt hot plate, I dumped it after not too long.

Beezy Tarts: Iced Lemon Cookie - Now this one was just amazing! I love a great lemon bakery scent as you all know, and this was just fantastic! I threw in the whole scent shot, and DANG it was strong! Lasted forever too! I'll be trying to get my hands on more for sure! 24 watt hot plate.

Niki's Wax: County Fair - Eh. All I really got from this was cotton candy and it smelled really syrup-y and weird after a few hours. Not really a fan. 24 watt hot plate.

LSC: Strawberry Rock Candy - On cold sniff, this was great! Melting? It was strange. Not a bad scent, but it took on the rock candy scent more and it smelled like sweet fruit, not really strawberry. Wouldn't want more but it was okay. 24 watt hot plate.

LSC: Pink Fruit Lupes - One of my favorite blends of all time from any vendor is pink sugar and fruit loops, and this one is awesome! The pink sugar is the more dominant note, but the blend is great none the less! I'm so glad I have one more scent shot! LOVE! 18 watt hot plate.

HHS: Granma's Amish Zucchini - I think I got this one from Jacqui in our swap. I don't need to get into how amazing the granma's blends are - we all know! I can't wait till I'm ready to start placing large orders again, I'm going to be stocking up on her granma's blends for sure this Fall! Melted in my 24 watt hot plate, it was so amazing! Last all day and into the night. AMAZING.

S&S: Mystery Tart - Another from Jacqui, this smelled mostly like marshmallow with a hint of bakery. Really, really nice scent! Light/medium scent, strong throw. I really enjoyed it. 18 watt hot plate.

S&S: Strawberry Pina Colada - This one was a dud which was such a shock from Shanna for me. I got NOTHING from this unless I had my head directly over the warmer. I swear I 've have this for over two months, so I know it cured. I've never had such a dud from S&S. I shed a tear for this one. 24 watt hot plate.

PP&S: Lemon Meringue Pie - Another amazing lemon bakery scent! This was so strong in my 24 watt hot plate, and I LOVED it! 


Front Porch

Lemon Marshmallow & Cotton Candy Cookies - I melted the other half that I had left from the last time I did a What I've Been Melting. It's amazing, and I wish I had more! So good! If I ever see this blend again, I'm getting more than one! 18 watt hot plate.

Banana Berry Hotcakes - EWWWWWWWWW. EWWWWWWWW. Sorry but this was so gross that I couldn't get it out of my warmer faster. It smelled like vomit to me and I'm sorry to say that. Like I said, EW.

Strawberry Mallow Bread - Up until this scent, I've HATED FP's strawberry. Something about blending it with marshmallow and bread scents makes it mellowed out to the point that I really like it! Melted the bread loaf shape in my 24 watt hot plate, and it was fantastic!

Black Coffee Bread - This was so STRONG! I mean STRONG! And amazing! I love me a good strong coffee scent and this one blew me away- in a good way! I'd love to get more grubbies of this! 18 watt hot plate.

Raspberry Coconut Bread - This was such a light, non existent scent, that I added TBG's Raspberry Hearts to it. 


CFTKR

Ultimate Bear Claw - Oh YES YES YES! I wish I would have had a chance to grab an 8 ounce bag of this during Carol's last reopening, so I'll have to add this to my list next time! What a perfect bakery blend, it lasted forever and ever too! 24 watt hot plate.

Pink Sugared Strawberry - Another one I'll need to add to my wish list. I love pink sugar, and I love Carol's strawberry so what's not to love?! Melted in my 18 watt hot plate, and I couldn't be happier with how strong it was and how it threw! So good! LOVE!

Ultimate Bakery Noel - This was one of those huge grubby heart shapes and I added one half at a time. It was an okay scent, the VBN mellowed it out a bit too much for me. It was still nice though, melted in my 24 watt hot plate.

Jelly Filled Sugar Cookies - I've fallen HARD for Carol's Jelly scents and this one is a home run! Melted in my 14 watt hot plate. I'm so glad I ordered a few bags during her retock!

Hot Chocolate Peppermint - Oh yea. I love a nice chocolate/peppermint blend for bedtime, and so does Jeff so this was really great to fall asleep melting. 18 watt hot plate.


RG: Pink Sugar Marshmallow Smoothie - I've been back on my pink sugar kick lately, so this was a great melt for me! Threw this in my 24 watt hot plate, and DANG it was so good! I love the creaminess added to the pink sugar. 

SMT: Caramel Sticky Buns Latte - I've already reviewed this one before, but it's simply amazing! This little guy is strong for it's size which makes me so impressed! LOVE! 18 watt hot plate.

JMae's: Peppermint - The last time I melted one of these cookies, it was strong as can be! This time around? I got no scent at all. Bummer.

BSF: Wildberry Funnel Cake - Nice and spicy, with a hint of sweetness from the wildberry. YUM! Melted the little donut in my 18 watt hot plate.

Have a great day, ladies!
<3 Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment