Thursday, February 28, 2013

Welcome!

Hello there and welcome to my new blog, and it's all about wax! 

My name is Dana. Many of you know me as Polished Claws Up in the nail polish world - I've had my nail blog for almost two years now. There's always room in life for more than one passion or hobby, and I've fallen head over heels for the world of wax! (And my wallet hates me. A lot.) How did I obtain this wax addiction so quickly you may ask? (Seriously. It's only been a few weeks. It works fast. Watch out. :P) The culprit's name is Jacqui AKA The Scholarly Nail's Wax Blog. 

Jacqui is a very close and dear friend to me. I moved from Cleveland, Ohio to Virginia Beach over a year and a half ago. Literally two weeks before I moved there was a nail polish blogger/ nail board meet-up through Twitter. I met up with some lovely ladies - went dusty hunting, got frozen yogurt, swapped polish - it was great. Too bad I was moving ten hours away fourteen days later. :( Needless to say, Jacqui and I got a great friendship out of the meet-up and have been keeping in constant touch (I think I might text her more then my finance!) ever since I moved. It's so nice that she's still back home, every time we come back to visit I get to meet up with her! (AND I'm going home in two weeks!) I'm super excited for this visit since her and her husband have bought a new house since I last saw them AND I get to see her massive, amazing wax collection IN PERSON! Bonus? Her husband and my fiance get along great too. 

So anyhoo, I have always loved candles. I knew only what was easily available to me (Slatkin & Co, B&BW, Yankee) so when I saw Jacqui started her wax blog it peaked my interest. She is so awesome and generous that she sent me a big old box of wax and let's just say it's been downhill ever since. It's only been a little over two weeks and wax has pretty much taken over my life! :D I have placed about a dozen orders from vendors and I really think I'm learning more and more every day. So that being said, I'm a wax noobie - so if there's anything I'm doing wrong or not getting right PLEASE let me know! I'm learning as I go along. I hope you enjoy my blog!

Dana

1 comment:

  1. YAYYY!!!! Welcome welcome. And I think you mean that it's been uphill ever since lol!! Can't wait to see you guys soon <3

    ReplyDelete